AirBnB support - no support

Nina1093
Level 3
West Vancouver, Canada

AirBnB support - no support

Hello community. 

I had a couple of issues I needed speedy resolution with over the last couple of days and I’m convinced now Airbnb support have a coordinated the following approach: you call or message them - they tell you how wonderful you are and that they’ll resolve your issue “rest assured” and will transfer you to another department that can better assist you. You then hear back days later when your issue resolves one way or another, usually at your expense. If you call repeatedly or message - they’ll keep making promises and then stonewalling and ghosting you. 
They aren’t here to support us or to do anything for us. Just know you are on your own whether it’s host guarantee or canceling instant book reservation that announces they’ll be breaking your house rules - they say you can cancel (you can’t if guests book within 24 hours or check in) or evicting tenants who are committing crime - it will be only your problem. You’ll get zero help. 

15 Replies 15
Brenda424
Level 2
Falmouth, ME

Couldn't agree more.  After a month of the same nonsense from the support team I'm looking to move my listing to another service.  I had a month long guest request - to which I replied I would only accept if they accepted an additional cleaning fee - they gladly did but did not pay it.  They received weekly linen changes at my cost - then left the house filthy.  When the additional cleaning fee was pressed, I needed to contact customer support to resolve it.  My 160euro fee ended up costing me nearly 600 euros by the time I finished paying for the additional cleaning and all the linens and towels.  Despite having all of this in writing and having photo documentation of the condition they left my home, air bnb was useless.  Lots of nice, comforting words but no resolution for anyone except the filthy guest.  When initially asked for the additional cleaning fee the errant guests all of a sudden came up with a list of complaints about the house - which I can unequivocally state were unfounded.  Issues such as poor wifi (we are in rural France but have very good wifi) or the barbecue grill was charcoal and not gas.... foolish complaints.  

I am currently looking at VRBO - any other suggestions.  Air Bnb support has not been helpful to me once in the 5 summers I"ve rented.