Airbnb Loopholes with Not Charging the Security Deposit

Victor347
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Airbnb Loopholes with Not Charging the Security Deposit

The Security Deposit is not being charge to guest during booking process and is a Loophole in Airbnb for guest not to take care of property, not to follow house rules and protocols.  Hotels and Car Rentals charge a hold on credit cards for a reason.

I currently had a situation with new Airbnb guest account booking.  

After getting caught having 3 additional guest without paying.  I nicely ask for the payment.  The first 2 days guest said all was excellent.   Than I reminded him about the additional guest payments.  No action from his side until I submitted through Airbnb the Additional Guest Alteration Request. 

He confirm the. Guest only to say that they were family who came to hangout. But funny they arrive with luggage when I saw them with my girlfriend.... Plus caught on my outside premises Security Cameras recording the following days confirmed.

He tried to intimidate me about the use of security cameras. 

He than fabricated a false claim about bed bugs to deviate the true issue with Airbnb using Mosquito and No See Um bites.  

He forgot I am a 20 Years Pest Control Consultant... 😎

He left my property trashed.. Send him a 6.5 wrestler looking staff to check my property.  10min later I checked my cameras and they started to leave. 

Short Story.... Found out the hard way Security Deposit Not Being Charged... No wonder guest not following House Rules and Protocols as before... They have no risk!! They can leave freely without payment of damages or additional guest.

I am a 5 Years Experience Airbnb Superhost and this case was not handle correctly by Airbnb Support staff.  Lots of details..

Airbnb Needs to Fix the Security Deposit issues Yesterday..Not Tomorrow..  Or more properties will be left trash or damaged... 

Airbnb paid for the deep cleaning fee... Not Guests.   They also avoided payment of additional guest. THATS when I confirm No Security Deposit being Charged at All..

Host.... you need to Call Airbnb and Claim about these Loopholes.... I was lucky.... Was able to solve but was stressing and time consuming.. 

But you need to pressure so to fix.. Now.. Call Airbnb.. Tell about it to other Airbnb Host friends.. Spread it in Social Media..

ITS the reason why suddenly you see so many news of Airbnb being trashed and damaged.  

Airbnb needs to stick to some of its Roots.. Security Deposit charge is a Must.. 

The Host Guaranteed Insurance should cover after deduction in the Security Deposit is used...  Like a deductible in a Car Insurance...

I already spread word to friends that Host.. Do same plus Call Airbnb...

Cheers

Victor Torres 

5 Years Experience SuperHost 

Over 800 Reviews , Over 3000 Stays

Come and Vacation in the Tropical Island Paradise of Puerto Rico 

www.airbnb.com/p/vacation-in-pr 

I love to Airbnb Host

1 Reply 1
Hugh0
Level 10
Sydney, Australia

Absolutely could not agree more.

The "Security Deposit" system is not any kind of Security Deposit. It is just marking fluff