Airbnb is shutting down my hosting- deactivation

Sumaiya6
Level 2
Walnut Creek, CA

Airbnb is shutting down my hosting- deactivation

I received an email from airbnb that my listing has been deactivated and my account will be permanently closed. I received the following message:

Based on guest reviews, customer service cases, and reservation outcomes over the past year, we’ve identified repeated violations of our hosting standards on your account, including:
  • A prevalence of vermin in accommodations provided to guests
  • Cleanliness issues in violation of Airbnb hospitality standards
  • An inability to uphold reservation commitments, and/or unresponsiveness to guests with confirmed reservations

I have been hosting since only August this year and have been booked throughout. I have not violated any of the above. I have 14 reviews so far and only 2 gave me poor reviews which was out of my hand and has been dealth promptly. 

Without any warning, airbnb decides to send me an email this morning. During pandemic, this is my only main source of income and I was keeping my head above the water with this income. I tried calling customer service, they said someone will come back to me soon.

This is peak xmas time and i was hoping to make some money during the xmas time. Can someone pls help me as to what can be done. Who do I go to?

Thanks.

7 Replies 7
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Sumaiya6 unfortunately this happens fairly regularly. You can keep trying to get someone at CS to reinstate you. Just depends on how many phone calls you can stand to make.

Beyond that, there are other booking sites.

Good luck.

Sumaiya6
Level 2
Walnut Creek, CA

Thanks for reaching out. Can u advise some other websites pls

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Sumaiya6,

If you've not done so already, you may also try reaching them on Twitter and Facebook (Google their specific account IDs).

You can try Vrbo another platform to explore.

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

Thanks a lot for this. Will definitely try.

Hi just a quick question, do I just send them a message on FB messenger or write on their post

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sumaiya6 

There is a weird mix in the reviews, some are very good, some bad.

But overall I think Airbnb should give you a second chance.

Make sure you take measures to get rid of the vermin.

Alternatives if Airbnb is unwilling to restore your listing/account:

Online websites like airbnb alternatives

Thanks Emiel,

I really hope they give us a chance. If there are concern about any issues with the hosting, they should have reached out to us and informed us about their concern than sending us an email stating we are closing your account. I am really shocked to see such behaviour from Airbnb especially when we have made this as our main source of income.

I guess now they are becoming a IPO, they can't be bothered for small hosts like us.