Airbnb's idea of sending greeting cards to former guests is wonderful! However...

Erin443
Level 10
Salt Lake City, UT

Airbnb's idea of sending greeting cards to former guests is wonderful! However...

Airbnb's idea of sending greeting cards to former guests is wonderful! However... the only option I'm seeing is sending to guests from 2019. I'd really like to send cards to some spectacular guests in 2020. Has anyone found a way to bring those guests up on the greeting card program? Thank you!

41 Replies 41
Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

Yeah, we got a card from a lovely guest who stayed over Christmas and NYE last year, we gave her all 5 stars, but she's not on the list of guests that comes up for us to send her a card.  Madness.

@Lizzie @Quincy can you let airbnb know that the list of guests we can send cards to is somewhat er 'random' instead of a complete list of all guests who we have given 5 stars to.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

I got a card from a guest who stayed this summer and has already booked all three houses for next summer, when she's coming back to get married nearby.  The notification that I'd received a card came to my email, but was not in my Airbnb hosting inbox - it was in the inbox I use when I'm a guest.  That's wonky, no?  She was not on the list of people to whom I could send a card, so I sent her a message in reply.  Not ideal.

Anytime I have had a dialogue with Airbnb, the messages appear in the Traveling section of my inbox, even though I have never been a guest. Wonky indeed. @Ann72

Same here @Sarah977 @Ann72 

Yes @Sarah977 but that's not a guest writing to a host...

I know. But it's an indication of how their Guest/Host/Airbnb messaging is screwed up. @Ann72

@Sarah977  They must be doing something else to the site because my 98% response rate just went to 0%.  It is so frustrating, that even when they implement a good idea like the holiday card, the execution is flawed.  

It honestly seems to be inevitable that whenever they change or add anything on the site, it always results in some glitch somewhere else on the site. It has to be the worst tech of any online service or platform, quite unbelievably incompetent. @Mark116

That was happening widely a couple of weeks ago @Mark116 and it eventually righted itself.  Keep checking your Superhost page though because we don't want their technical errors to affect our stats.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

The list has been refreshed and 2020 guests now appear!  Thanks @Katie @Nick or whoever of you alerted the right department!

@Ann72    I still can't send to all the guests, but now I get part of 2020 and part of 2019, 2016 and 2017 disappeared and I guess 2018 is out of luck altogether.  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

Great to see many of you are enjoying sending holiday cards to your past guests. This takes me back to the early days of the CC when Dave (Dave & Debs) created a CC how to guide on how to send holiday cards and many hosts in the CC wanted this feature to return.

Thanks for the feedback on not being able to see some of your past guests in the list. I fed this back to the product team yesterday and it appears that for those of you who have quite a large number of guests you may not have been able to see them all. They were working on a fix for this. 

Good to hear you are now able to see your list is updated @Ann72.

Thanks again for highlighting this. Special thanks to @Mark116 for the mention. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.