Airbnb support not helping since a month now !

Funda13
Level 2
Cork, Ireland

Airbnb support not helping since a month now !

I was a guest at a horrible place the super host even charged for not being able to use milky water by 20 Euro deposite she took nothing was satisfying so I left 2 days later and than complained about her with pictures and her rude messages etc no sign of refund from Airbnb and my deposit back what is happening with the support team ? I rang a million times no answer and emailed and mailed a million times over Airbnb messages this is not acceptable !!! The host is using this pandemic as Airbnb struggle to charge the guest more money and nothing in the add as suppose to be a super host was correct the place was filthy and not des infected she even showed me a bed where sheets were not clean the water was not running properly in the sink I had to take a bowl and empty bowl as she instructed me than the water was milky and the lady there was so rude and freaking me out everyday she showed up !!!!! Not good at all I will be never bookiNg anything Over Airbnb any longer and won’t recommend it either to friends as we as guests are there with 250 Euro less for a **bleep** stay and we are sick now as well including our dog !!! Very very districting and sad of Airbnb not contacting us back and giving us a refund as deserved !!! We even have sick notes and our lawyer is informed as well 

5 Replies 5
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Funda13 IT's a simple very basic camping cabin, with an outside water supply & a sawdust/composting toilet! WHY DID YOU BOOK IT IF YOU WANTED ALL MOD CONS?! - Other guests were satisfied, took it in the spirit of what it is, & considered it charming!

YOU sound like the entitled guest from hell, on the other hand! - It's Airbnb! Not the Ritz! An Airbnb is what it is! It's the duty  of club members to READ the description, every last word, and the reviews, and look at the photos!  - And only book if they like what they see, and accept the limitations!

Don't even think about suing!! - It's childish, immature & vindictive! AND when you join Airbnb, you agree never to sue them, so you would not have a leg to stand on! - It's all your own fault for booking! 😛

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Funda13 I don't fully agree with @Helen350 . Airbnb's can be the equivalent of the Ritz and they can be a tent in an empty field. The important thing is that the host makes it clear what you are getting. Equally important the guest needs to make sure they look carefully at the listing so they understand what they are getting.

Again I will disagree with Helen - I vote you sue the host. Only again, before you do, do some research and recognise that you are unlikely to win and it will cost you far more than you will gain.

Helen350
Level 10

@Mike-And-Jane0 HAVE YOU READ THE DESCRIPTION FOR THE OFFENDING LISTING?!

The listing makes it clear it's a ramshackle, tumbledown, scruffy old hut in someone's garden in the former East Germany.... It has scruffy, basic furniture, outside water, an outside shower, & a composting toilet. Photos + description make it clear you'll be roughing it..... (Some folk like that, all very old communist era, like a Russian 'Datcha'...)

SO WHY DID  @Funda13 BOOK such a place, if  she wanted, normal/luxury???

Funda's dissatisfaction is entirely her fault!

It would be malicious & vindictive in the extreme to sue! NOT in the spirit of Airbnb!! - Live & let live, I say!

You CAN let ANYTHING on Airbnb, so long as you are honest & upfront about it's limitations! - One thing I LOVE about Airbnb!

And CAVEAT EMPTOR! - Buyer Beware!

(Don't book a falling apart, run down garden shed, if you don't find these things quaint & charming! 

@Funda13  I tried to understand your grievances, but the grammar and spelling in your post are such a gory massacre of the English language that I ultimately gave up halfway through. Perhaps you were just as inattentive with reading the listing  as you are with writing this post, because as @Helen350  says, if you had read the listing you would have known what you were booking. 

@Helen350  I know this part of Germany pretty well, as it's just at the outskirts of Berlin. In recent years it's become enormously popular with young folks, due in large part to Instagram:  the turquoise waters of the nearby Liepnitzsee are incredibly photogenic but previously little-known to tourists.  But the area has very few Instagrammably luxurious accommodations, and for obvious reasons the former GDR didn't really develop much of what you might call a hospitality culture. Despite being a short leap from Berlin, it's almost exclusively bare-bones campsites and off-the-grid communist-era family bungalows. Not to say that the OP fits the stereotype of a spoiled Instagram brat - I know nothing about her character - but one can't visit Wandlitz in the summer without encountering many hilarious collisions between that sort of person and the crusty old Brandenburg locals, who are just befuddled by the sudden crowds and shocked by their entitled attitudes.

Helen350
Level 10

You've written my thoughts for me @Anonymous !

(I originally wrote similar to you re the grammar & syntax in both her English AND German, and my thoughts on her character (!) - but - Gott sei Dank, - it crashed!)

Your observations re Brandenburg are exactly as I imagined.... even tho' it was of course off limits when I visited Berlin as a German undergraduate in 1983....