An inexplicably nice gesture by Airbnb

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

An inexplicably nice gesture by Airbnb

Though I have aversion to certain Airbnb behaviours, I thought it was of interest to point out something I recently stumbled on, although it's somewhat inexplicable. 

Airbnb apparently has a travel blog, where, to my surprise, they've rated my listing as the best in our area. (?) 

Now, I'm under no illusions. I know the market here rather intimately, and I can say with complete confidence that there's lots of much nicer places than ours on Airbnb in Mallorca. More expensive, yes, but we're somewhere in the upper middle of the food chain here, not at the top. 

We do take a lot of pride and try to deliver the best experience for guests, but we're certainly not the best there is. There's some really outstanding listings with really great hosts who are equally, if not more deserving of that title (and erm, our pool isn't heated). 

https://trip101.com/article/airbnb-majorca-heated-pool

Still, I'm not complaining. It's quite an accolade. Thanks, Airbnb!

4 Replies 4
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Elaine701  Congratulations!  Thank you for posting the link to the blog.  I found three of my immediate neighbors there which probably explains why they had no issues with the booking downturn of the summer update.  Now if I can only find out how to get listed as the best pet friendly, hot tub providing and waterfall view property in the area!

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

@Elaine701 @Lorna170  When we first opened our Airbnb and I was doing some research, I stumbled upon the same website while searching “best AirBnb in Mill Bay” or “top 10 AirBnb Mill Bay” and we thought, wouldn’t that be great to get on that list!

https://trip101.com/article/top-airbnbs-in-mill-bay-canada

Since the list for our area was outdated, and many of the listing  were no longer active, I contacted the editor to let them know and enquired about getting featured and listed on this website. 

I received a nice reply from the editor on the page, and for $150 US dollars, they would be more than happy to add us to the list. We did not follow through and spend the money to be featured, but I still think it’s a great feature and if it increases your enquires then that is a bonus. 

Elaine, if you got it for free, even better for you. Love your listing!!

@Andrea-and-Glenn0 

No, I just happened to stumble on it during a routine check of our Google search results.

I was surprised. Especially because this is some unknown blogger that seemed to have randomly chosen our listing to highlight. I wonder why she chose that one? 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Elaine701 ,

Many Congratulations on getting featured 👏 🎉

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines