Bad rating from guest.

Bad rating from guest.

Is there a way to remove a retaliatory rating after I reported the guest had damaged my home?

7 Replies 7
Daini7
Level 2
Lynchburg, VA

Sadly, Airbnb doesn’t remove such reviews.  Unless it violates the content policy. It’s impossible to remove if it’s just a bad star rating with a positive or neutral public comment.

What Airbnb says in the review content policy:

“While we encourage and expect all community members to post reviews that contain objective and accurate information, Airbnb doesn’t mediate disputes concerning the truth of reviews. We expect the author of the review to stand behind the content of their review.”

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2673/airbnbs-review-policy

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Helaine4 Reviews can be removed and have been by Airbnb if ,they are a 'personal attack ' on you  and/or if they are not describing the actual accomodation or do not have anything to do with the accomodation and if that is the case then the stars go with it. Also another way to remove the review is to ask the guest to do so . If you are able to do so. H

Thank you Helen, your insight is inspiring. I guess it’s time to contact customer service. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Helaine4 

It is difficult to get customer services to remove a review, but I would give it a try on the basic that the review is 'irrelevant' as the guest hasn't actually described anything about the stay or listing, just 'at your own risk'. 

I'm not saying it will work, but it's worth a try.

Thank you Huma0, it’s worth a shot.

Thank you Helen,  your insight is inspiring.

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Helaine4 Your rating is very low considering you’re just starting out. Do you want to share with the forum whats going on and we can give some pointers or provide feedback.