Can someome help me determine if this is a legit posting?

Can someome help me determine if this is a legit posting?

My family and I are relocating to mn for my career and this supposed super host is stating that he wants a long term tenant. Stated we are to use Airbnb for the transaction but I am VERY apprehensive this is a scam! I have never used airbnb before and I need to ensure that I have a place for my family sept 1st. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

https://airbnb.com rooms-437931.town/property/annandale-3-bedrooms-1-5-bathrooms-1500-sq-ft-house/

Thank u

6 Replies 6
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Amy1733  I don't see any red flags here myself. While Airbnb is not the best platform for longer term rentals, it's not out of the ordinary. He has good reviews and is asking you to use the platform to book. Red flags would be asking you to pay off platform, or if the host had cancelled on many guests, or even one. 

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Amy1733 

The link you give appears to be not an authentic airbnb listing.

Please read the thread below, it will give you insights.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Rental-scam-using-Airbnb-How-should-I-go-forward-if-at-all/...

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Amy1733  "Stated we are to use Airbnb for the transaction"- so you found this place not on the Airbnb site , I assume. And they probably told you that an Airbnb agent will meet you with the keys and show you the place?  (there are no Airbnb agents who do that) And gave you some story like how they bought the place for their daughter, but she no longer needs it?  

Elena is correct, this is a very well-known scam. Do not continue to communicate with this person and report it as a scam to the site where you found the ad in the first place.

And spend some time reading everything on the Help pages for guests on the Airbnb main site, so you are aware of how Airbnb works and how it doesn't.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Amy1733 Go onto the Airbnb site and search for the property - if it is there then fine, if not its fraud

@Mike-And-Jane0  Not always. These scammers will post a listing on the real Airbnb site and the minute they get the victim to send them money, or they get an email back saying "We know you're a scammer", they take it down.

The giveaway is that these places are always found originally on some other site, the wording in the emails they send the victim is always more or less the same and is full of giant red flags that an experienced Airbnb guest or host will recognize immediately.

You are pretty uninformed if you think there aren't any scam listings on the real Airbnb site. 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

https://airbnb.com.session.rooms-437931.town/property/annandale-3-bedrooms-1-5-bathrooms-1500-sq-ft-...

Here is the listing as I found it from the link. Host is a little off the playing field in a few aspects but it seems fine otherwise. Where are the red flags? I'd like to know more about what to look for in something like this. The bottom line though I think, @Amy1733 , is if you feel something is off about a listing, just move on. Better safe than sorry.

@Elena87  @Sarah977  @Mike-And-Jane0 

Well, never mind, now that link doesn't work....But how does a scammer get a listing on Airbnb, become a superhost with 8 5 star glowing reviews etc?