Can someone fix my account so I can make a 10 day booking?

Can someone fix my account so I can make a 10 day booking?

I just "joined" airbnb, however something from "the past" keeps me from making a booking for 10 days.

Many years ago I attempted to use airbnb to make a reservation over a July 4th holiday, it was a fiasco and I dis-avowed airbnb.

Now I'm giving airbnb another try and "the past" is holding me back.

I have a new account, however, I cannot use or link my phone number with it - because it's tied to another account (I assume from those years ago).

I have one (or more) tickets in with airbnb, however in 6 hours it says the host will not accept the reservation due to "his settings"

What can I do?

2 Replies 2

@Edward505  Many hosts will not accept guests without verified ID. I would recommend completing as many steps of the profile editor as possible - currently, you only have a photo and email address with no reviews, so it's understandable that a host isn't ready to give you the keys to his house.

If you can't use your old account, it sounds as though either you have a bad review or your account was banned from the platform. I don't know what happened in "the past" but there's nothing you can do about that now. 

I've never actually used airbnb. Like I said, I attempted to make a booking on a busy 4th of july weekend - but it never worked out. There was no ban or anything, just my phone number connected to a old account with a email I no longer use/have access to.

The issue is my phone number, it's not "free" to be assigned to - so I am stuck. 

You'd think this would be an easy fix for a CSR, but they had to "escalate" it - and who knows when this will get fixed.

If it was Hilton (or even hotwire) it would be dealt with by now.