Canceling on a guest, will Airbnb contact them?

Brittani7
Level 4
Florida, US

Canceling on a guest, will Airbnb contact them?

So I had to cancel on a guest.   I canceled myself however the person needs another place to stay.  I know Airbnb will recommend other listings to guests in this situation but will Airbnb automatically contact the guest concerning this?  Or do I need to ask Airbnb to help them?  

Thanks

4 Replies 4

@Brittani7   Airbnb sends the guest an automated message and a credit worth 10% of the booking price to apply toward another stay. But writing an additional message to the guest would be the courteous thing to do.

Thank you for your reply.  I have already discussed this with the guest and they were asking what their options were as far as finding another place to stay.

Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Wow! @Brittani7 As far as I know / have read once you canceled it's out of your hands, no further action by you is necessary. I see the generated canx message in your reviews. It does boggle my mind that you couldn't work something out with the guest or the Airbnb CS staff and you will lose your superhost status. Can you provide some insight so others (me) can anticipate your problem? 

It's a complicated situation however I am very aware of the penalties.