Cancellations in view of COVID-19

Matthew1163
Level 1
Qala, Malta

Cancellations in view of COVID-19

Should a foreign guest cancel a reservation made from this point onwards, given the fact that I have a strict cancellation policy, will I have the option to still issue a full refund? I do not wish to change the cancellation policy. 

5 Replies 5
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Matthew1163You always have the option to override your cancellation policy and refund the guest in full. When you receive a cancellation email, there's a link in the email that says "Refund guest in full". You just need to click the button and follow the steps. 

Please bear in mind, though, that you are only able to refund your accommodations charges. You are not able to refund the Airbnb service fees. If the guest feels that they are due a refund for those fees under the Extenuating Circumstances policy, they would need to contact Airbnb and file a claim themselves. 

Thank you for the clarification!

Michelle2350
Level 1
Seward, AK

I've had enough of the " COVID" excuse to cancel just hours before arrival. We have a short amount of time to receive bookings before our end of the season. It needs to end and restate our personal cancellation policies

To my knowledge the normal cancellation policies now apply.

Erika821
Level 1
Fairfield, CT

My guest canceled last minute due to COVID and got full refund

i got nothing, just a huge loss