Catching covid has led to all our listings being suspended

Dan-And-Alex1
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Catching covid has led to all our listings being suspended

We caught covid last week. We had to cancel a booking at our home in Greece due to the need to extend our own stay for self isolation.  Airbnb suspended all our listings with no warning or anything. We are in a different country from all but one and we use cleaning companies for the servicing so there is no risk to guests. We actually don't know the reason for the suspension we are just guessing. The appeals form doesn't work for us and the chat has been closed although the case shows as open. It has been 5 days now and our messages, emails and phone calls as well as pleas through facebook and twitter have all gone unanswered. Does anyone have any idea how we can get this resolved and actually get some help?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

I noticed you have 4 listings, but 3 of them seem to be suspended.

One is still in the search system and can be booked (Luxury seafront living)

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=5711578&map_toggle=true

@Dan-And-Alex1

Dan-And-Alex1
Level 2

Thanks for noticing that. The one you highlight is our neighbour's house and we are co-hosts so they seem to have spared that one. Hoping for contact today. When I phoned yesterday I got new information that the case holder has been on rest days and due back today. Hoping for some dialogue and resolution as it's 6 days now with no explanation and we are at the height of the peak season

Lj11
Level 2
York, United Kingdom

Hi - i have had same thing , no one from airbnb will communicate with me .  Is this now resolved or are you still suspended?

Dan-And-Alex1
Level 2

Had 3 listings which were 2000 miles away from us and covid reinstated after 8 days and the one we were staying in was blocked for a month, seems a bit excessive since the infection is gone after 10 days. Anyway after the month was up we could go into the listing and relist it ourselves. Airbnb made a difficult situation for us a lot worse, felt very let down.