City of the month February 2024: London

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

City of the month February 2024: London

356432-GettyImages-696157391-ForYou.jpg

Hello everyone,

Having read all of you share your knowledge about your countries of residence has always been lovely to read, and has inspired a new series for the Community Center: City of the Month!

The cities selected for this series are not chosen at random: they are among the 20 cities where the greatest number of members of this community have registered in 2023! I've tried, as much as possible, to represent as many countries as possible, but some countries are more present than others due to the number of Community Center members from those countries.

This series is an opportunity for you to share your knowledge of the city of the month, starting with London. Your tips can be about accommodation, things to do, places to visit or just general advice 😉

Here are the cities that have already been published (I'll add them as I go along, so stay tuned!):

Personally, I enjoy cycling along the Thames river where at one point you will be able to see a lot of landmark attractions such as the Big Ben/Houses Of Parliament, the London Eye 🎡, Tower of London, Tower Bridge.

I invite you to share your tips, stories, cool or unusual places to see, great things to do, photos, and anything else about London below! 👇

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

10 Replies 10
John7368
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Great idea 👍 Quincy

IMG_3955.jpeg

Heres one of the pages from my welcome book that I give to guests with some things to do do and a qr code with a map.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @John7368, this looks great! Love the images and the QR code integration. How are your guests finding it? 😃

-----

Great idea for the City of the Month feature! London has so much to offer. A few suggestions that come to mind - definitely see a show on West End, check out the street performers in Covent Garden, and take a stroll through Hyde Park. It's also always fun just wandering the neighborhoods and popping into cool shops.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for your comment @James3741! These are all great tips! Do you have a favourite place you'd recommend for a visit? 

One of the tips I like to give to friends is to also look for events that are happening in London. For example, a few weeks ago it was the Lunar New Year, and there were various performances in and around the Chinatown area 🐉 

LunarNewYear1.png

-----

Wow, this photo is absolutely stunning! The colors and composition are perfect.**

**[Link removed/third party link mention removed - Community Center Guidelines

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Quincy I am just wondering if this fits with Airbnb's plans to encourage guests away from the over saturated markets (as per the categories logic). I hope you will be doing a Villages of the Month series as well with the criteria being no more than 1 host on the CC in a particular village. That way those important destinations like Radbourne in Derbyshire will get the attention they deserve! LOL

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Mike-And-Jane0, hope all is well!

Thanks for the tip regarding Villages of the Month as it sounds like a lovely idea💡 I'm not so sure about the criteria you suggested though😉, but it is definitely worth diving deeper into!

-----

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Quincy you could always add towns that are rural or countryside and or farms - cattle or sheep. Beachside and or by a rivers.  Mountains coverd in snow or wild flowers, and or forests.

There are many places we can stay.

Laurelle from Downunder.

Thanks a bunch for sharing that information. It's been incredibly useful!

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0 

you’re always welcome at the lovely village called Heemskerk in the Netherlands 😉 

I know a great tiny house near the beach and the tulipfields 💐