Continuous Improvement

Stephen460
Level 2
Portsmouth, United Kingdom

Continuous Improvement

As an Airbnb host for 7 years I am interested in the views of other hosts regarding Airbnb’s scoring. 
We use the dashboard and guest feedback to look to improve our offering and over the last 12 - 24 months our quality score and the scores are now consistently 5*. 
The problem is that for us Airbnb show the marks we were receiving and average them out over the seven years. So although we have always been a superhost and maintained consistent quality scores our business today is very different to what it was seven years ago.

Many of the other OTA’s (online travel agents) factor this in and only show the scores and reviews from the last 24 months.

Do hosts think that Airbnb should look to reflect recent reviews over those left over 5 years ago? How do you think about this topic and do other hosts know how the algorithm works?

Thanks all

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephen460 I do have some sympathy for this view. We have so many reviews now that the odd 4 star review doesn't move the overall score for the property. This was fine when Airbnb actively promoted the Superhost concept where it does affect us and I guess the somewhat random Guest Favourite will also get affected.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Stephen460 👋

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you haven't already done so, you can share your feedback with Airbnb.  😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines