Currency changes automatically to USD on every page refresh

Wiktor10
Level 1
Warsaw, Poland

Currency changes automatically to USD on every page refresh

Has anyone had the same annoying problem? I'm about to give up searching for anything on Airbnb because of this annoying issue. I'm from Poland, I have manually set my currency to PLN, my browser locale is set to PL-pl, I have manually selected PLN in the dropdown menu in top-right and yet, Airbnb website keeps changing my currency all the time, on every page refresh. A simple interaction with the website e.g. zooming a map changes the currency. What's even more stupid, is that it even changes my account preferences. Really really the most annoying feature I have ever seen on websites. 

Does anyone have any fix for that? Airbnb developers why are you doing this to me ;( 

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Wiktor10 

I assume you are on the polish Airbnb website :  https://www.airbnb.pl   ?

In your account you can set the default currency to your local currency (Zloty)

If still wrong currency when searching, scroll to bottom of page and change (on the right side) the currency and language.

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Yes, I'm on the polish website (airbnb.pl). It worked, to some extent. All the reservation details were shown in PLN, but when I switched to payment, the system showed me the price in USD on the final screen and I was charged in USD instead of PLN, causing me to pay more than I should ;(

Jérémie51
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

I just got scam in the same way thus the symbol for CAD is the same on this website. What a surprise to learn only by the end that I paid in $USD while all along everything had $CAD showing everywhere. Even when I scroll down and make the same research again, it says down there that prices are in $CAD. As you say, when you click on "reserve" it switches back to $USD without really telling you until the host accepts and you get a receipt in your emails. I will surely look for alternatives to AirBnb...