Customer Service Issues

Carly145
Level 1
Indian Head Park, IL

Customer Service Issues

Uuugh! I'm here to tell about a frustrating experience.

When I arrived to my Air BnB I learned that it was directly next to the highway. I mean it was that it made my heart jump.

From all windows you looked down onto the highway & the sound reverberated through the entire apartment. I left immediately. 

Customer Service has been no help. Because the listing says "urban" & "lively" & because they've already paid the host there is no chance of being refunded.

Furthermore, my Customer Service experience has been terrible.

After waiting two days to speak with a Manager, they didn't even reach out to hear my story.

They just responded to the thread that had already been posted.  It's incredibly frustrating. The Refund Policy is clearly on my side. But no one is even willing to listen to me. 

Uuugh!

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Carly145  Not sure what you mean, that the refund policy is clearly on your side. If the host stated it was urban and lively in their ad, you should have assumed it would be noisy. Guests who fail to read the listing information or ask questions before booking if they have requirements like quiet, aren't entitled to refunds, as you were told by Airbnb.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Carly145   

I am sorry to hear your experience.

Do you mind to share in the CC -

Did you made the cancellation before you left? 
Did the host mention in the listing announcements described the apartment is directly next to the highway?
Did the host described “ Potential of noise” in the “ Things guest should know” section ?

-In case, the listing announcements lack of above information, you should be reasonable to get back the refund.

-But if the listing did mentioned above point, you didn’t read well the announcements and make the booking.Subsequently, you may can’t get the refund.

-On the account of this, you can explain to Airbnb case manager that you didn’t notice in the description, you can still negotiations with Airbnb demand for the refund. 

As a matter of fact, any incident happen guest be obliged to report to Airbnb, “ Live Chat” with the CS though Airbnb Support Help Center, request the case manager to cancel on host behalf, refund the full payment and help to relocation you to the new place immediately. 

Beside phone call, did you try " live chat " with a CS? ( not an Airbnb bot) 

Usually, you will have an answer from them within minutes.

In addition, contact Airbnb via social media Twitter, Facebook for attention with fast respond.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245

I hope you can resolve soon, and get back your payment.