DIY decorations for upcoming host meetup

Answered!

DIY decorations for upcoming host meetup

It is so exciting preparing to host our first Montana State Airbnb community meet up. There won’t be a lot of branded merchandise at this event because it’s months from being delivered and the event is right around the corner. But what makes for a fun event, is the same thing that makes the fun host CREATIVELY! Have you made or do you have any ideas of things I could make that would add to my host meet up. I saw one group made a homemade logo out of red pool noodles lol. I’m adventurous with a glue gun, so throw those ideas at me. Any suggestions Photos it’s all really appreciated.

@jennipha

Top Answer
Sarah5000
Host Advisory Board Member
Adelaide, Australia

IMG_0439.jpeg

Hi from Adelaide, Australia ,

Last Summer in our meet up , I made Airbnb belo sign from recycled paper and cardboard. Good luck with your meet-up.

Sarah
17 Replies 17
Kyara5
Level 6
St. Louis, MO

Congratulations 🎉

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Jennipha-Lauren0 

I absolutely love this idea!

I thought I'd tag @Kitty-and-Creek0@Clara116 @Cathie19 and @Laurelle3 to see if they might have any thoughts on crafty ideas!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Jennipha-Lauren0  I have just read your message wanting ideas for your Airbnb Community meeting. I am not sure what ideas you require but I have looked up Pinterest and thought these ideas are not too expensive, but just take a little time to assemble.

Laurelle3_0-1694241526773.png

Laurelle3_1-1694241568609.png   

Laurelle3_3-1694241694844.png

Just leave off the Merry Christmas

Laurelle3_5-1694243403314.png

You can put a couple of seeds on blotting paper and put in an envelope with words on the front

"Seeds of Gratitude"

Or make a card with 

Laurelle3_6-1694243682131.png

I hope these ideas can be of use. All ideas taken from Pinterest. 

All I can say @Jenny  thank you for the homework, but I have enjoyed getting lost again.

Rie9
Yomitan, Nakagami District, Japan

Hi, I’m Rie,hosting in OKINAWA Japan.

I'll share my ideas from that meetup.

We had a meetup on 2021 April 22.

I prepared a map of our island and had participants pin the location of their listings.

At that time in Japan, it was mandatory to wear masks when gathering in large numbers

pin map .jpgIMG_6105.JPG

So I took a Polaroid picture of unmasked smile face at the reception

I put it on the self-introduction card and posted it.

The font for the self-introduction card is Airbnb font.

You can make it below link

https://airbnb.design/cereal/

Taking a Polaroid is a good ice breaker, and knowing where the listing is makes it easier to have a conversation.

Hope this helps with your meetup!

Rachel1200
England, United Kingdom

So creative @Rie9 

Claudia331
Lecco, Italy

Hi @Jennipha-Lauren0  congrats for your first meetup!

I'm Claudia, Lake Como Host Club community leader with @Cinzia76 and Francesca 

I share with pleasure with you some photos of one of our last meetup (September 2022), in Villa Monastero, Varenna, one of the most beautiful villas on east side of our lake

We involved a musical association that played, for the occasion, the "4 Seasons" of Vivaldi and we prepared homemade bags with some information inside: about Host Club, tips for a sustainable home, flyers of touristic itinerary or what to visit in our area given by local infopoint

Hope these are useful tips for your meetup 💪

PHOTO-2022-09-30-00-32-38-1.jpg

IMG-4918.jpg

IMG-4920.jpg

IMG-4921.jpg

Rachel1200
England, United Kingdom

You’re a marvel @Claudia331 !

@Claudia331 it is great to see the green sustainable leaf making a show with the home made bags with tips on the sustainable home. I hope Airbnb is listening.

Rachel1200
England, United Kingdom

@Jennipha-Lauren0 I’m the co-host of the Peak District host club in the UK. I don’t know if you have any rural members, but we had a meet-up last year at my yurts on our dairy farm, and the activity was going to visit our own ice cream parlour and choosing an ice cream.

Obviously I know not many people make their own farm ice cream, but everyone loves cake…….!  How about just baking a lovely large cake with an Airbnb logo in icing on top, big enough for everyone to have a slice of Airbnb?!

Love it!!

@Rachel1200 I really like this idea, we are a huge rural state when I head East to do another meetup and will be sure to ask folks about their products ❤️👍

Deirdre122
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi, I'm Deirdre, an experience host community leader in Cape Town, South Africa. At our recent meetup the community leader for homes made this Airbnb belo from pool noodles. I see you've already seen this idea, but just sharing a photo. Good luck with your meetup!

IMG-20230527-WA0057 (1).jpg

Bontle1
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Deidre

I’m a new host, please invite me to the next meet up. 

thanks

Bontle

Sarah5000
Adelaide, Australia

IMG_0439.jpeg

Hi from Adelaide, Australia ,

Last Summer in our meet up , I made Airbnb belo sign from recycled paper and cardboard. Good luck with your meet-up.

Sarah