Day 11: [GAME] December movies emoji quiz

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Day 11: [GAME] December movies emoji quiz

Hi everyone, 

This time of the year, in the Northern Hemisphere, most of us are in hibernation mode. What better way to make it through a very wintery day than to cozy-up under a blanket, grab some snacks, and watch a movie

While we can’t provide blankets or snacks, why don’t we all embrace this cozy feeling and play a little game together? We’d love you to join us in guessing 26 December movies, either fully festive or simply set over this time of the year, from the following emoji riddles!

It’s worth keeping in mind that this quiz was made according to the US or UK English titles, and as always, let’s have one guess each time so more people can join in on the fun. 

Enjoy!

Emilie

1- ❄️ 👸 ☃️ 

2- ❄️ 🚂 👨‍✈️ 🎅 

3- 🔔 ➡️ 🔔 ➡️ 🔔

4- 🏠 😱 

5- ❤️ ☑️ 

6- 🎃 ❄️ 

7- 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄

8- ⚰️ 💪 

9- 🦌 

10- 👨 ✂️ 👐 

11- ‌🙌 3️⃣‌‌ 4️⃣🏘

12- ‌👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 💎

13- ‌👨 ↔️ 👨

14- ‌😘‌‌ 😘💥 💥

15- 🐷 🐸 🎄 🎶

16- 🏝

17- 🗽 🏙 🍝 🍫

18- 🥜 🔨

19- 👸 🔁 👸 

20- 😴‌‌ 👩‍❤️‍👨‌ 

21- ‌👨‌‌ 🦇‌‌ ↩️‌ 

22- 🧊 🇯🇲

23- ‌‌‌ 🎄

24- ‌✈️‌‌ 🚅‌‌ 🏎‌ 

25- ☃️ 

26-  🐹 🕛 🚱 🗽

1. Frozen

2. The Polar express

3. Jingle all the way

4. Home alone

5. Love Actually

6. A nightmare before Christmas

7. Four Christmasses

8. Die Hard

10. Edward Scissorhands

11. Miracle on 34th street
12. The family stone

13. Trading places

14. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

15. A Muppet Christmas Carol

16. The Holiday

18. The nutcracker

19. The Princess Switch

20. While you were sleeping

21. Batman returns

22. Cool runnings
23. White Christmas

24. Planes, Trains and Automobiles

25. The Snowman

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

45 Replies 45
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Emilie this is a long shot information from the internet

is no 6

The Nightmare before Christmas

It says Jack Skellington a being from Halloween Town, finds Christmas town and is instantly enchanted and ends up with an obbsession with Christmas and ends up abductting Santa Clause.

I think I will turn in now for the night before I have nightmares.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Laurelle3 I thought you said weren't too good with movies, yet here you are guessing them all correctly! 🤗 Have a good night 🌙

@J-Renato0 @Mike-And-Jane0 @Dejan93 @Deirdre122 @Gillian166 @Huma0 @Linda3273 @Trude0 Only 7 movies left!

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

20. While you were sleeping. 

?????? @Emilie  long shot but I'm sure Sandra Bullock is wearing a beanie and gloves a lot in that movie. 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Gillian166 That's the one! I've actually never seen it, but it came up often when I looked and asked around for holiday classics. Would you recommend it? I'll be off for a little bit later this month so I'll have time to catch up on those staples I've never gotten around to watching before. 🤓

-----

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Emilie  yes, it's adorable. I love Sandra Bullock though. 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Gillian166 Noted, adorable sounds good to me! I'll try and watch it this holiday season, thanks for the recommendation. 😊

-----

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emilie 

Could 16 be Treasure Island?

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Huma0 @That’s a great guess!

The movie we’re looking for here stars Cameron Diaz, Jude Law and Kate Winslet. 🙃

-----

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emilie 

Oh, that's easy then.

The Holiday

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

19 - The Princess Switch. 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

8 Die Hard

?! please tell me that's true. a great Christmas film! 

don't you got any Christmas music?

this is  Christmas music!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emilie 

13. looks like Face/Off to me, but that's not a Christmas movie, surely? Also, there are a couple of movies called Face to Face, but they don't fit either...

Ah, I know! Is it Trading Places?

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Huma0 omg, perfect, and it is set over xmas.  should have had a dark skinned emoji face to really give us the proper clue, that was part of the whole storyline. What a golden era of movies that was. (such a shame that Coming 2 America was utterly awful)

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gillian166 

I haven't seen the Coming to America Sequel yet... Thanks for the heads up!

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

if you turn it into a drinking game with "how many old jokes can we re-visit" then it might be palatable. I saw an interview with Eddie Murphy where he said he was done with comedy in this Woke world.... I guess he needed some money. 

The best moment is in the bloopers.