Can you please help me?

Can you please help me?

Yes, I am new to air bnb. Seeking a long term place to stay. I am 41 and have been residing some where owned by family that is sadistic, and has been veritably abusive to me my entire life... Hoping to find some one that can understand daddy issues:/ I don't want to linger on trauma.

At the risk of sounding like a gofund me case. I am too old to deal with the stress of my situation and want to find a nice place to live life like a normal human being. Any one in the United States that can help? Thanks. Please point me to some one. 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you want to stay in an Airbnb just use the search function on the platform - put in your dates, type of listing and location and available accommodation will come up. @Jess4402 

If you are looking for somewhere permanent to live Airbnb is not the right platform for you. I don't know how long term accommodation works in the US but in the UK we have platforms for long term rentals and local estate agents who rent out property that you can contact.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through such a difficult situation.

I can offer some general advice on how to find a long-term place to stay on Airbnb or other platforms.

Set your budget: Determine how much you can afford to spend each month on rent and utilities.

Search for listings: Use Airbnb or other websites to search for long-term rentals in your desired area.

Read reviews: Look for reviews from previous guests to get an idea of what the host and property are like.

Contact hosts: Once you've found a few listings that you're interested in, reach out to the hosts to ask any questions you may have and to see if they are willing to offer a discount for a long-term stay.

Book and communicate: If you find a suitable listing,**
book it and communicate with the host to arrange check-in, payment, and any other details.

Remember to always prioritize your safety and well-being when considering a place to stay. You may also want to consider reaching out to local resources such as shelters, non-profits, or government agencies that can assist you in finding safe housing.

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines