Does your accommodation change according to the seasons?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Does your accommodation change according to the seasons?

Tulips.jpg

Hello everyone 🌷

We're experiencing the change of seasons in different parts of the world. In some places, spring is arriving and the days are getting longer🍃, while in others, autumn is beginning, and slowly the leaves are shedding to signal a change of scenery 🍂

In both instances, significant changes can occur around our places. It could be a new color to decorate our gardens, and sometimes we even decide to change part of the decor or take the opportunity to do a spring clean

What's the biggest change in your accommodation with the change of seasons?

Would you like to share a photo that showcases the adjustments made around your place?

In British Columbia, the tulip festival🌷 is about to begin, making it a place full of color and life.

Let’s share some experiences and photos in the comments 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

42 Replies 42
Andreea142
Level 2
Bucharest, Romania

Hello, greetings from Romania

casa poporului insorita.pngPalatul-Parlamentului flori albe-.jpgpalatul parlamentului roz.jpgproiectii1.jpgproiectii2.jpgproiectii3.jpgproiectii 3.jpgproiectii5.jpg

I am lucky enough to own the property in Bucharest near the Palace of the Parliament of Romania - the largest building in the world now because unfortunately the Pentagon no longer exists.
From the balconies of the apartment, tourists can admire the Palace of the Parliament with its blooming spring nature, in the summer marathons are organized around the Palace of the Parliament, in the fall the Imap is organized which makes projections on the building and in the winter we have the Christmas Fair organized there.
We change our landscape every season.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Wow, @Andreea142, thank you so much for sharing these beautiful pictures with us 😍. I love how colourful they are 🌻

What is the peak booking season in Bucharest?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Paula as we live in a temperate climate the only difference that I do is put electric blankets on the beds.

As other Hosts on this topic have said is changes to the garden. Where I plant seasonal annuals to give a little colour. In spring and winter the bulbs put their heads up to say " I'm here again to give a little sunshine".

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Laurelle3, I hope all is well with you 😊and thank you so much for stopping by in this topic.

Your garden seems familiar to me; I recall admiring it during the "Week of Celebration", however, I'm not sure it featured the flowers you have mentioned.

Would you happen to have a photo showcasing some of the flowers in your garden? I'd be delighted to see it.

-----

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Paula these photos of our garden that we presented to our guests this summer. As we have been taking a break holidaying the garden is taking its natural course.

The front approach to our "Hidden Gem" Airbnb

096ab4a3-0908-4af0-81dd-d9aa18bfa78e-1_all_4834.jpg

Pots along the path. 

1000005210.jpg

 The Colous 0pant was struck from a cutting.I just keep on putting pieces in the garden for colour.

1000005218.jpg

The Hibiscus flower best in summer.

1000005224.jpg

1000005214.jpg

 my friends that come to visit. They give delight to the children staying in the Airbnb.

Paula a small collection from my garden

Laurelle from Downunder 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Laurelle3, the pictures are beautiful. My favourite flower is the hibiscus! I just love the Kookaburra's too. Where I live in the east of England, we had 2 Kookaburra escape from the local bird sanctuary, they managed to catch the female,  but the male is living his best life in the woodland and heathland close by! 

He even made the news! Kookaburra spotted living in Suffolk countryside! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Oh this is beautiful @Laurelle3 🌻. Thanks so much for sharing 🙏

-----

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I may not have a listing (yet!) but I make sure to plant things in my garden that give me a splash of colour the year round. Although, since moving and the recent weather, my back garden has become a bit of a mud bath (clay soil!) 

Anyone have any gardening tips for clay soil? I'm already thinking about getting a few rose bushes out there!

Always took a lot of inspiration from @Cathie19 @Helen427 and @Clara116 for their green thumbs 🍃

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Hello @Stephanie , Great to see you back here in CC, your contributions have been missed!!

In regards to Clay soils, Lettuces,  Swiss Chard (did they originate from Switzerland?), Green beans, broccoli, cabbage and Brussel sprouts (did they originate from Brussels?) radishes, kale, Cauliflower vegetables all are understood to do well.

Have a look at Jacksons Nursery in the UK for Flower ideas to plant, they include Anemones, Astilbe, Asters,Hosta, Red Hot Poker, Geranuims amongst others.

If you have cow dung that also helps attract the Little Blue Ladybird that eats the Aphids. Did you know that the UK used to have Ladybird farms?

Maybe also encourage the Family to dig and have a compost in your garden to help aerate the soil with worms and other precious insects - far better for the environment than those silly little green food leftovers bins that have infiltrated our lands that are scattered across the world - don't start me on the Pink Plastic bags as they just don't do it for many of us!!!

@Stephanie it is good to see you back online. 😉 

The tip for clay soil is to put some gypsum on it found in garden supplies. Or

If you are near building sites you could collect some plaster board. Soak it and break it up and put on the ground and dig in. 

Along with compost or leaf mulch or bark chips. 

Sadly. they all need digging in and it takes a little while to break down

But this is the enjoyment of gardening and seeing the results in time.

My advice is to tackle it a " little bit at a time"  Enjoy 😉 

@Paula @Rebecca @Laurelle3 @Kelly2052 @Ana36266 

@StephanieDo have fun making Messy Play with the Clay making animals, ornaments and Clay Pots for in the garden with your wee family..maybe some animal paw prints to...that you can incorporate into the wider picture and plans..date them for the young ones to reflect on in later life as they grow older.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Paula @Stephanie  Yes, I do change the outside patio/driveway according to the seasons here in Florida. The intense sunshine does bring challenges some years and so I've done a load of attempts to please guests and myself! One season I grew 6 different kinds of tomatoes ....I've grown poppies, which is my favorite because of how delicate and lovely they are. Zinnias was wonderful to grow with beautiful splashes of colors and many volunteered (came back again without me doing anything) and this season I'm going for a more Zen type, Rocks, stones/chimes and cactus that require very little. The space gets intense sun and not every plant/flower can tolerate that....many cactus do well so that's what I'm going for these days. The cottage is a fenced area back behind/beside our house and for many years we have had our organic garden separated from the cottage by fences and that's been lovely to offer treats to our guests, I personally love growing Loofah/Luffa sponges and have shared those and their seeds with guests that are gardeners. And they have sent follow up messages about their progress and success growing Loofahs. I'll attach a few pics with some shots of some changes I've had and the most recent seasonal change that I'm still working on. Always fun doing new ideas. Thanks for the cool idea about what we as hosts are doing!!  Most recent rocks/stones - Zen type feel chimes and cool night solar lightsMost recent rocks/stones - Zen type feel chimes and cool night solar lightsccc zen1.jpgPoppiesPoppiesZinniasZinnias0820140758.jpgLoofah/Luffas grown in the garden!! Guests love getting this surprise!Loofah/Luffas grown in the garden!! Guests love getting this surprise!Poppy flower - great pollinatorsPoppy flower - great pollinatorsZinniasZinniasEven had some Zinnias that won blue ribbons at the Fair...  :)Even had some Zinnias that won blue ribbons at the Fair... 🙂IMG_1194.JPGRoselle - great for making jams/hibiscus teaRoselle - great for making jams/hibiscus teaAt night in the new Zen type patio/driveway!At night in the new Zen type patio/driveway!

Ana36266
Level 2
Hollywood, FL

Of course it changes. I follow hotels