Donating to BLM = donating to Democrat super PAC

Mike323
Level 9
Middletown, PA

Donating to BLM = donating to Democrat super PAC

Anyone click the donate link on the huge BLM banner pasted at the top of Airbnb?

Why does it take us to Act blue?

From it’s terms and conditions section:

ActBlue, ActBlue.com, "Want Blue States?", and "The online clearinghouse for Democratic Action" are the trademarks and/or service marks of ActBlue.

Where the money goes:

Bernie 2020

$186,780,034

Biden for President

$119,253,857

Elizabeth Warren Presidential Exploratory Cmte

$93,478,053

Pete for America

$78,100,960

Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte

$55,684,603

Amy for America

$43,167,720

Friends of Andrew Yang

$31,705,527

Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte

$31,067,413

Democratic National Cmte

$29,924,707

Amy McGrath for Senate

$29,558,536

55 Replies 55

@Sally221 Drink more of the Pelosi Kool-Aid. People are leaving your state in droves. California has been teetering on bankruptcy for decades. Nice place to visit but no one wants to live there. ..and biggest contributor to the coffers? Where do you get your data? Governor Cuomo for one would

strongly disagree.

Red is left in Canada yes.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Helen350 @Anonymous  How very interesting!

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

This thing is totally unknown for me.

Our political parties are not allowed to receive donations from non-BG citizens, foreign companies and non-profit organizations.  Also...if I make a donation to a foreign political party, I'll be in a big trouble with the tax authorities and probably-with the intelligence. The method of financing is fundamentally different when it comes to political parties here. The US method is much more liberal, but the political parties there look much more like a business.

That is sadly true, business lobbies spent huge amounts of money on contributions to politicians who will craft legislation on behalf of those businesses. Corporations have been declared people by our supreme court which means that their contributions to political action committees are "free speech"  & we know money talks.   This is supposed to be good for business and create jobs. It may be good for corporations but wages in most job sectors have been stagnant for a long time even during an economic boom.

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

You are lucky the Airbnb admins allowed this post. They deleted my anti #BLM post and gave a reason that amounted to a lie in my opinion. They claimed I made a personal attack, yet their wasn't one in that post nor did anyone have a chance to reply to the post. So not sure where the personal attack was. For the sake of transparency, I asked them to post my OP. Of course they didn't...

@Juan63  I’m of the opinion such censorship of the truth has not gone unnoticed.

Be persistent in seeking and sharing truth.

Believe it when I say this story hasn’t begun to break, censoring it won’t matter, and might even draw more attention to what they don’t want you to see.

Here ya go @Juan63 yesterday’s tweet was meant for you, and all others who have been censored on FB, GOOG, TWTR, (Airbnb?)

https://mobile.twitter.com/HawleyMO/status/1273225246334738432

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Mike323 after reading your post I clicked on the link and totally agreed with you. It angered me because guests right now book spontaneously and may travel but can just the same not. Greeting them with a donation button that would infuriate half the country, and the half more likely to travel as Democrats tend to take covid more seriously is just a bad business decision. Unfortunately we are dealing with a company that puts its political agenda ahead of its business agenda, which is just stupid. Get the most money by remaining neutral in your business and then donate even more to your causes personally as you are now even better off financially. The founders of Airbnb were brilliant in founding their site but they have demonstrated inability to run the site as what it has become now multiple times on many levels. 

I have then went on to see @Anonymous link and he appears to be correct. The money goes to BLM but the damage is done. Very few will bother to do all this research. They will see the act blue site and assume what I assumed when I first saw OP’s post. Damage is done. 

@Inna22   You’re 100% correct, Airbnb had a good thing going, and should have kept to it’s core of being a neutral payments handler and marketing platform. Not the same spirit it used to be.

Follow the money...if you can.

If you want a head start on where this leads, search “Black lives matter PAC FEC filings”

@Inna22 actually...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/06/10/upshot/black-lives-matter-attitudes.html

"By a 28-point margin, Civiqs finds that a majority of American voters support the movement, up from a 17-point margin before the most recent wave of protests began."

@Lisa723 Because they don't read! They don't understand that #BLM is not about saving black lives. They have a political agenda that's making them millions. They also don't read statistics. They feel black lives are in danger, due to racist cops, when this is simply not the case. For every black person killed by a cop(justified or not), 700 were killed by people in their community, whites are killed more than blacks by cops and 65% of black kids are born without a father. What do you think is more detrimental to a strong black family? Racist cops or problems in black communities that are difficult to talk about? I stand against police brutality and I stand with Floyd. Black lives do matter, so Airbnb and #BLM when do all black lives matter?

@Lisa723 IF (big if) those statistics are accurate, all it tells me is that a great majority of people are uninformed or just plain stupid.

@Linda1154 after reading responses such as yours it occurs to me that part of Airbnb's motivation for this donation may have been to flush hosts with these attitudes and beliefs off the platform. That would certainly be a beneficial side-effect.

@Lisa723 Beneficial if you think a public company has the right to pursue their own political agenda to the detriment of their owners and guests. Folks like you do not understand or tolerate any opinions other than your own. The right to free speech and pursuit of happiness apparently only extends as far as the confines of those who agree with your left wing agenda.