During the inquiry period, can the host see prospective guest reviews?

Marilyn157
Level 2
Denver, CO

During the inquiry period, can the host see prospective guest reviews?

When I click on their profile,  I can only see the number of verification,  but no reviews they have received as being a guest.  Nor as given to past hosts.  When does this info become available?  Seems useless if it is not available to host prior to accepting a booking.

4 Replies 4
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Marilyn157 If a member of Airbnb has any reviews, you can see them at any time, whether they have sent you a request or not. For example, if you click on my profile, you can see all reviews that I have received, both as a host and as a guest. If you're not seeing anything, it means that you prospective guest doesn't have any reviews.

If you're asking about seeing the star ratings, you only see star ratings of guests if you're set up with instant book.

Marilyn157
Level 2
Denver, CO

They have been member since 2015.  They say they have multiple accounts and have stayed once under this current one.  Is it possible for guest to hide bad reviews by having multiple accounts?

@Marilyn157  no, it is not possible for a guest to  "hide" their reviews.  They can, however, simply create a new account if they have received a bad review.  One of the many issues with Airbnb.   If your potential guest claims to have  "multiple" accounts, that would raise a red flag with me.  You can always ask about the other accounts and why he is not using one of them.  It could also be that he/she has either been using a spouse's/partner's account or simply lost the password to the previous account--that actually had happened to my husband.

@Marilyn157 I would consider either cancelingl their booking or decline their request based on them telling you they have multiple accounts. That seems like extremely sketchy behavior. They could definitely hide bad reviews by creating multiple accounts. It could be innocent, but each person should only have one account.