Enable Partial Refund Outside Strict cancellation Terms: Do I need to approve resolution request or will AirBnB refund automatically?

Janet869
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

Enable Partial Refund Outside Strict cancellation Terms: Do I need to approve resolution request or will AirBnB refund automatically?

I have a strict cancellation policy.  Very polite guest had to cancel 5 days before arrival due to COVID-related quarantine restrictions between his state and my host state.  I informed guest that we follow the Airbnb “Strict” cancellation policy which means that he could cancel up to 7 days before check-in and get a 50% refund of the nightly rate, and the cleaning fee, but not the service fee, but wouldn’t be eligible for anything since check-in was only 5 days away…

Told guest we want to be flexible and want to make sure guest is safe and follows COVID guidance, offered to work with guest to provide a partial refund beyond the 50% that he would have gotten had he cancelled 7 days before check-in, and requested that if he wanted to cancel the reservation, he do so through  Trips / Show trip details, and then Click Cancel, which would take guest through the cancellation process, and let him know his options, including how much his refund will be.

Also let guest know that AirBnB will show his refund breakdown before he confirms his cancellation and that Airbnb refunds all service fees in the form of a coupon.  Because the cancellation policy doesn't provide a full refund at the time guest cancels, that he’d be given an option to ask the host for a full refund before you finalize the cancellation. To request an additional refund from your host, submit a request through the Resolution Center.

Long story short, the guest submitted the cancellation request and the resolution request.  I received the resolution request, but it looks to me like his refund has already been processed. So, before I approve/deny the $252 resolution request, I want to make sure that he has/hasn’t received a refund. What I see on AirBnB is below...

Payout

3 nights room fee                        $252.00

• Sat, 07/11 $84.00
  • Fri, 07/10 $84.00
  • Sun, 07/12 $84.00
    Collapse details

Service fee                                     -$7.56
Total (USD)                                     $244.44
Guest refund                                 $327.00

Basically, the guests’ 3 nights fee was $252, then AirBnB charges the host a small service fee (think they may also charge the guest one separately too but can't see that). Then the only other charge that used to appear was the $75 cleaning fee, but that doesn't show up at all now that guest has cancelled. So... it looks like the guest received a refund of $327. How do I figure out if that is correct? Or whether I need to take action and accept the resolution request to make the refund happen?

0 Replies 0