Extra guests booking for one person when there are 3?

Brenda81
Level 2
Western Australia, Australia

Extra guests booking for one person when there are 3?

My current guest booked for one person and there are 3. The night they booked in late so I left the key for them.
the next day there was a man and her Son. She let me know she was having trouble getting somewhere to stay and it was urgent. The listing does say not suitable for  children 2-12 and only suitable f or 2 people. It is a one bed cabin.  When I asked  her about the extra she said she told me about her Son ( she had) and that the man is his baby sitter. When I asked if he will be staying again she said yes tonight as she doesn’t want to wake her Son she has to work in the morning. This is now the third night and there has been 3 people each night. 

the normal price would be $1728 she asked for a special deal so after 2 discounts she is only paying $1050 for 20 nights,  middle of summer I’m paying for water and the air conditioning. 
I’m not comfortable with the extra in the deal. 
What am I within my rights and Airbnb policy to do?

Thank you 

Brenda 

2 Replies 2
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Brenda81 

Airbnb ToS:

"...

8.3.3 You may not bring any additional individuals to an Experience, Event or other Host Service unless such an individual was added by you as an additional guest during the booking process on the Airbnb Platform.

..."

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You have a choice. @Brenda81 

1. Ask Airbnb to cancel the booking as your place sleeps a maximum of two and has no children and they booked for one only.

2. Or you can ask the guest to pay the extra charge for their child and for the man to leave immediately.

Personally I would ask Airbnb to cancel the booking. The guest has broken your trust, your house rules and lied to you.