Winter Release Q&A session

[FESTIVAL] Pandemic checklist for the most populated city in South America

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[FESTIVAL] Pandemic checklist for the most populated city in South America

Quincy_0-1629794384188.jpeg

Credit: Joao Tzanno @jtzanno (instagram profile)

Screenshot 2021-08-24 at 09.10.21.png

This topic is part of the CC Hospitality Festival.

The original topic was posted on the Portuguese-speaking Community Center by  @Beatriz98, and we have translated it below. 

------

At first, the pandemic dramatically slowed the frantic pace of people staying in densely-populated cities such as São Paulo. Shows, courses, and events determined the rate of reservations, which were mostly business travel and lasted an average of two to four nights.

sunset.jpeg

I had departures and arrivals on the same day, and when I couldn't check an apartment after it was cleaned, I was always concerned that the guest might be missing something. 

IMG_3687.jpeg

A lot has changed in our lives since the pandemic began, and in terms of hosting, we've increased precautions around cleanliness:

• Disinfection of all apparel
  • Disinfection of furniture
  • Provision of disinfectants, 70% alcohol spray, and hand sanitizer for guests

Quincy_1-1629794384025.jpeg

Credit: @beatriz98

In other words, I added more items to the famous checklist. With everything we've been adding because of the pandemic, I've reassessed my preferences for how to host.

From now on, I always want to keep one night free between reservations. I've been adjusting my prices to attract more reservations of four nights or more - which is healthier and simpler for the girl who helps me clean, and for my mind, which loves and needs to “have a checklist.”

Quincy_2-1629794384225.jpeg

Of course, earnings are important. But our wellbeing, our physical and mental health, are priorities for everyone. We need to feel good to ensure our hosting is safe and that no items are missing - especially those that are the most important now for hygiene and disinfection.

Who else needs time to make a checklist like me? And what do you intend to include in your new routine?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

11 Replies 11
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Quincy thanks for transcribing @Beatriz98 article. Beatrix I like the blocked day before and after booked days because you can open up the rooms to allow them to breathe after the terminal covid 5 step cleaning. 

Hi @Laurelle3 ! ! 

Yes, and as a guest I just look for ads from hosts who promote this break as well

😊

Beatriz
Loni56
Level 10
Santa Catarina, Brazil

@Beatriz 98

Obrigada por compartilhar

Muito bom seguir o protocolo de higiene. tenho feito a mesma coisa é deixo os produtos alcool gel 70

sabonete liquido para as mãos o maior desafio e verificar se está tudo perfeito

gosto de fazer sozinha !!

Sim @Loni56 !

Aprendi também o quanto me faz bem fazer tudo agora com mais calma ! 
abraço ! 

Beatriz
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Thank you for your post. I live where we have been fairly blessed and protected by this virus, though not unaffected from trade, tourism etc with lockdowns. I take my hat off to you and all hosts who have been in dense populated areas, running the safety gauntlet with all the higher stresses.

I do my own cleaning @Beatriz98 & enter the space masked, with anti-bacterial aerosol spray everywhere. I open the windows and turn on fans then leave.  I give it some good time to ventilate, breathe and settle before I remove the linens, the checklists, the cleaning.  I’ve never used so much hospital grade disinfectant in my lifetime…… But here we are!

Covid changes?

Yes… and many…

- including one to two days buffer either side of a booking, depending on the length of stay and the time of the next arrival. Sometimes three days.  I stopped same day turnarounds ages ago, for sanity and safety.

- I have a minimum stay of three nights, because if I’m doing THAT amount of cleaning, I need to make it worth my time and money! I’m not twenty, nor a robot.
- If Covid19 news cycle is getting me down, I block a day here or there for my own well-being.

For if I’m in a good frame of mind, I’ll have a better attitude and hopefully, be a better and more attentive host.

Loni56
Level 10
Santa Catarina, Brazil

Olá Cathie bem legal devagar e sempre é com perfeição parabéns !!

Hi @Cathie19 !

I think the same way! 
Thank you for sharing your  routine!

🤗

Beatriz

@Cathie19 From reading CC I thought you were a "Spring Chicken" I think most of from Oz has watched from across the seas with Covid and how it effects others. I hope most hosts stick to a strict Covid 5 step cleaning plan. 

From my nursing experience of 37 years I  have always given a terminal clean because I always give guests  ? That they could be possible carriers. When I tell people what I do and why I get many a raised eyebrow. 

Bust as we have found out that we are not all protected on our island as Covid it running rampant in some states.

As for your well-being I look at your pool and it looks so inviting to let your thoughts wash away and relax. All host's out there "Take care".

Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

I've come to a lot of the same conclusions, @Beatriz98, I think we just need to be honest with ourselves and take those days in between, if that's what's needed to stay happy! Lovely listing and lovely pictures of Sao Paolo! 

Hey @Solveig0 !!

Thank you for your kind comment! 

I am delighted with your farm! A house from 1870 is very special! I can imagine how satisfying it is to offer the children food that you  produce! Adorable!

Beatriz
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Beatriz98 thanks for your post. Yes many have made changes that will stick in their routine like a day before and after - I too have done this since the beginning of hosting because it seemed the best for me to get everything done and have enough time, just incase something needed repairs. I realize it also helps mental health, esp. during Covid days when hosting seems different for sure - with all the extra cleaning and the somehow different guests/folks traveling that seem new to travel and unlearned with respecting others property - entitled people seem to be showing up that I've never seen before I struggle with their attitudes almost more than their behavior.  Seems if they had an early check in one time before - they were entitled to just show up, jump in the shower or check in even hours ahead. Even when they got a message about check in time.  

I had to stop sending the keypad code much in advance due to this kind of behavior.  

I'm sure we will all find good things soon that we have figured out or learned from these pandemic days.......I'm waiting.......I'm hopeful.

Blessings, Clara