Failed superhost despite 5 star reviews during assessment period?

Euan19
Level 1
Stirling, United Kingdom

Failed superhost despite 5 star reviews during assessment period?

So I failed to achieve Superhost status this time due to my avg reviews sitting at 4.5 however all my reviews during the assessment period were 5 stars.  Can anyone help explain this?

Is it overall avg?

tbh I'm surprised that after a run of about 5 or 6 5 star reviews my overall avg hasnt changed from 4.7.

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Euan19 the Superhost stats are calculated over a 12 month period prior to the end of the quarter. If you look at insights, then quality, the Superhost you should see your relevant stats for the last period.

Michael5047
Level 6
West Palm Beach, FL

@Euan19 

Can you send a screenshot or the SuperHost Tab under ''Insights''???

Maybe you cancelled a stay?

Mike from West Palm
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Euan19 

Without seeing all the overall ratings you've received in the past year, it's really impossible to say whether your rating should be 4.5* or 4.7* or higher.

However, I noticed your listing currently has 4.69* rating. Although of course this is the average for the entire time the listing has been active rather than just the past year, it gives a rough indication. The only category you are scoring low on is value at 4.7* and all the other categories are rated 4.8* to 5.0*.

Of course, some guests do score higher in the categories and then give 4* overall for some other reason, or maybe they are giving 4* overall because they didn't feel it was good value. Despite that, your stats look odd. I would say that it would be unusual for a listing with category ratings of 4.7-5.0* to have an overall of 4.69*. So, yes, perhaps there is some glitch going on here.

Are you absolutely sure that all your ratings were 5*? Look at your reviews for the assessment period 1st July 2021 to 30th June 2022. Add up all the overall star ratings and then divide them by the number of reviews. That should give you the average rating for your listing during the assessment. If it's over 4.8*, contact CS and tell them that your score is incorrect and that they need to look into it. If it's under, I'm afraid you missed the target this time round.

Re the rating only going up to 4.7* after several 5* reviews, yes unfortunately it takes many 5* reviews to recover from one review at a lower rating. Anytime a guest has given me even 4*, I've needed a lot of 5* reviews to get back to where I was.

To give you an example, in the assessment period 1st January to 31s December 2021, every guest bar one gave me 5*. But, because I didn't host a lot of guests that year and one gave me 3*, that lowered my score from 5.0 to under 4.8. It was toward the end of the year and I calculated that even if all remaining guests left 5*, that still wouldn't bring me back up enough to get Superhost. In the end, I did because the guest requested her 3* rating be removed. She said she had a great stay and didn't realise 3* was a bad score.