Festival of Hospitality 2023 ๐Ÿก Airbnb hosting is a selfless act

Patricia2526
Level 10
Manila, Philippines

Festival of Hospitality 2023 ๐Ÿก Airbnb hosting is a selfless act

Airbnb hosting is a selfless act.

A lot of factors and parameters come into play such as the way a host approaches the stay, interacts with a guest. Respect must be mutual. Respect plays a big role in guests behavior during their stay. Excellent hosting makes excellent guests.

As responsible hosts, our role is not to judge guests on past behavior rather to review them upon checkout based on our experience. Therefore, we need to remain positive and leave our property doors open to all guests. Be proactive in addressing any issues or concerns during a guestโ€™s stay. Be flexible and understanding of your guestโ€™s needs. Travel plans can change, and being accommodating can lead to a positive guest experience. Guests chose us to seek unique and personalized experiences.

Going the extra mile to provide excellent hospitality can lead to positive reviews, repeat bookings and a strong reputation as a host.

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Patricia2526 I'm sorry but for many many hosts Airbnb is not a selfless act but rather a way to make money. If it were truly a selfless act we would price at our cost of delivery which is way below what we actually charge.

I do agree though that how hosts treat guests will often be reflected in how guests treat hosts.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Mike-And-Jane0 I guess it depends how you look at it! To some extent it's healthy to look at your own needs, but the idea behind hospitality is also about looking after other people's needs. In the sense of business, I imagine the needs of the client often go before your own.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I have to sayโ€ฆ That not everyone is cut out to be a host, to supply hospitality. It takes a person that is tuned in to others, and wants to treat them as they themselves would want to be treated. We try to make our guests comfortable, going above and beyond many times to meet their needs. Yes, of course we have to take care of ourselves in order to do so. Many times when you think of the hours the many hours we put in to hosting and making our accommodations just soโ€ฆ We give of our time beyond what we receive monetarily. If we were to calculate, really think about it, really calculate our time, and all we doโ€ฆ It isnโ€™t about the moneyโ€ฆ the money keeps us going. It goes back into our homes and places we offerโ€ฆ Hosting and being in the field of hospitalityโ€ฆ Is an act of love of caring for other people, and wanting to be connected to others .

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Teresa2058 What a lovely post๐Ÿ’•! Thank you so much for sharing this within our Community. How did you discover that hosting was your passion? I can tell, based on what you said in your post, that you put a lot of work and love into hosting.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

wellโ€ฆ To answer youโ€ฆ Iโ€™d say Iโ€™d have to go back to my childhood. Iโ€™m the oldest of six kids and my parents set a wonderful example and always having an open door policy for friends and others that would visit. Sometimes we gave up our rooms for them to have a place to sleepโ€ฆ I remember people stopping by and it was dinner time and they were always invited to dine with us. My mom always had plenty of food on hand , as we were a big family. Yes, I have to give credit to the way I was raisedโ€ฆ In a home that always extended hospitality. 

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Patricia2526  I think you have presented a selfless act by bring this topic to other hosts. In that you are connecting with others and pointing out that hosts could have a broader view of guests.

Hosts who share their home or live onsite or nearby their act is shown with  kindness, opening their door for others to use and greeting them. Connecting with others can be rewarding espeacially the hosts that have helped people in need by donating their homes when their has been disasters such as flood, fire, earthquakes and war.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Laurelle3 The way people come together to help those in need really is one of the most selfless acts I can think of. And I agree with you that it's a selfless act from @Patricia2526 by bringing the topic to others, and it's a selfless act from you to reply and share your thoughts and wisdom. ๐Ÿ™‚

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Patricia2526  It's not a selfless act. It's a for-profit business, in which good hospitality can be practiced. But selfless act? No.