Finally I up graded my computer today

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Finally I up graded my computer today

I had no choice it had to be done that old windows 98 finally died on me hahahaha

So today a new hard drive and windows 10 we are up and running,

5 Replies 5
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear about your computer @Sudsrung0 ... but how exciting that you got a new one! I hope the setup and switch was easy enough, how are you finding it so far?

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Emilie 

All good my friend set it all up for me took a little time to navigate around things, 

You are superman/women. you were using Win 98 in 2022/23? That's Amazing.

**[link removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]**

@Andrew2878 

It's woman, I was joking about the windows 98, but I did buy a new computer all singing and dancing, 

We are pretty good with computers in Thailand, 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sudsrung0 

Sudsrung I have a Compaq 'Presario' computer with 500 meg of ram and a 4 gig hard drive which still works using Windows XP! Here I am with the old girl...(now don't get personal, the old girl is the metal thing to my left!!!)

IMG20230207205320.jpg

The only reason I don't use it is because it is too slow and no good at graphics. But every now and then I will fire it up to show others what the latest in technology looked like in 1994! It still receives emails, searches the NET. It's not much good at photo-shopping due to its lack of RAM but, if you are prepared to 'hold its hand' and work with it, it will still do just about anything an up to date computer will do!

Today, for my general use, I am still using a 2010 Hewlett Packard 'Pavillion' PC with 8 gig of RAM and a 600 GIG digital hard drive running Windows 7. It has never broken down and still works just fine, it's fast and does everything I want it too. I am all the time being told by Microsoft that 'Window 7' is not supported any more but, while it works I will keep on using it! That old expression....'you can't teach an old dog new tricks!'

I know I am running the digital equivalent of a Model T Ford......but it works and I am not into gaming so, why replace it!

Cheers.........Rob

@Andrew2878  @Emilie