Frustrating Airbnb Host Guarantee Claim Process

Albert1997
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

Frustrating Airbnb Host Guarantee Claim Process

Airbnb Claim Emails.JPGLet me start from admitting my mistake first.

My cleaner overlooked the revised booking and did not clean the room when the guests showed up - my bad! 

I called the cleaner and she showed up with 10 minutes to clean the room. The room was turned over to the guests and she confirmed "we are in. All good". I refunded the cleaning fee to the guest.

Next morning, I got a call from the guests and said the toilet was clogged. Is it still my fault after they have been in the room for 9 hours??? When the cleaner went in to unclog it, the toilet was actually overflowing. She used the bath towels to wipe the floor and took a VIDEO of overflowing toilet. Luckily it wasn't gray water on the floor. I called the plumber to unclog the toilet and also paid a professional cleaning fee. At this time, I am already out of pocket for over $300. 

I called Airbnb and asked how I should handle this  issue. Clearly I did not hand over the room to them with backed up toilet.  I was told to send a claim to the guest, and if they decline, Airbnb Host Guarantee Program will kick in.

I did what exactly I was told. But when I submitted the claim, Airbnb kept asking for evidence. But Airbnb platform does not allow me to upload any video. The resolutions@airbnb.com email cannot even receive my emails with video. Eventually not any emails. I am not sure if my email was blocked by this time . I responded more than 10 times. 

When Airbnb did the investigation, they said I was in violation of host policy, and refunded the guest one night stay, which I don't dispute (my room was not ready, so I take full responsibility). But by this time, I am already out of pocket for over $450.

The claim resolution guys they assigned to my case happened to live on the other side of the earth, and never provided a phone number. Airbnb customer service number cannot offer any help because it is handled by a different department. Airbnb Claims guys kept sending me emails telling me that he would  close my claim case if I don't send him the evidence, which I already did more than 10 times. 

----------------------------------------------------

Enough ranting... Now AIRBNB, can you explain why all my email responses went into a blackhole? Is it intended to work that way? 

Don't your own employees know that your platform do not accept videos? Why kept asking??? It is so frustrating and I will never trust to stupid Airbnb Host Guarantee program. With all due respect, is this program a joke?

I am ready to see this post to be deleted as I might have pissed off Airbnb. 

I wish I could post a screenshot to show how many times I responded to Resolutions@airbnb.com. But the great system of Airbnb Community Centre only allows me to post text. 

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Albert1997 As you probably can't prove the guest caused the blockage I fear you are onto a loser here with your claim.