[GAME] Let's Build Our Community Dream Listing Together

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

[GAME] Let's Build Our Community Dream Listing Together

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 2.08.14 PM.png

Hello everyone!

I've always admired the diverse and beautiful listings, you all host. And it got me thinking, what if we collaboratively create our own community-inspired dream listing?

The game's rules are simple:

• Above, you'll find a blank canvas we'll gradually fill with photos you'll post in response to this thread. The images should depict your favourite part of your listing, your dream listing, or even a listing you like from another host (remember to tag them if you do!). We'll include the first photo of each item shared in this thread.
  • There are 6 blank spaces available for you to suggest any parts of a listing that haven't been considered.
  • Let's make it even more enjoyable by setting a rule of one picture per host to allow more hosts to participate.

I can't wait to see the diverse array of images you'll share.

Have fun!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

105 Replies 105
Md-Mizanur1
Level 10
BSB, Brunei

Hi Paula

Great idea to achieve our Airbnb goal. The screen shows us what we should do and pick the object which you can offer to your guest. The game and practical life is a bit different but have so many similarities. Keep going and one day we will success.

Happy hosting and have a fun with it.

Thank you

Regards

Mizanur

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Md-Mizanur1 , thanks for your comment. Would you like to share a picture of your favourite part of your listing so it can be included in our Community listing?

I am looking forward to seeing it 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Paula Can I offer this for the view category. It's the 13th Century church (Grade 1 listed) at the bottom of our garden as viewed from all 3 of our apartments. The large cedar tree is a much newer interloper probably from the mid 18th century. I just fear the day a storm drops the tree on the church.The 13th Century church at the bottom of the gardenThe 13th Century church at the bottom of the garden

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0 , what a stunning view! I'm thrilled to have this photo as the surrounding view for our Community listing 😍 I'm curious to know if there are any walking or biking trails around this area?

Thanks so much for sharing!

-----

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Paula Plenty of Walking and biking around here. As long as folks stick to the footpaths they won't get shot by the gamekeeper on the estate (by accident of course) surrounding us.

Also I just measured the tree - with a circumference of 4.22m the websites tell me it is 200 years old so 1820s. I guess it took them 70 years after the house was built to landscape the garden.

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Paula 

My visitor today (a young Kookaburra)

20230808_163243.jpg

while working in the garden.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

What a lovely picture, @Laurelle3 ! These visitors make our listing genuinely unique and special. I've placed this picture under a new category called "Wildlife." Let me know what you think.

Appreciate you sharing the photo.

-----

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Paula 

Can I just throw in a few Paula?, if any of them are acceptable,  just put one in the space you prefer!

'For back yard', this is some of Ade's and my hard work......

IMG20211025192206.jpg

A lot of work went into that from what we were faced with a decade before....

18aa.jpg

Or....... if it stands still for more than a month around here, I will mosaic it!

IMG20230810110630.jpg

I built a mosaic apple tree around a few old bits of wood and the rainwater tank overflow pipe! It did at least cover up an ugly wall! I have done dozens of these like this one I did for my daughter. She had 6 laying hens that she treated like her children......

IMG20190306140145.jpg

For 'TV room' .........Our TV room was the original house bathroom and some of the old kitchen.

38 b.jpg

I removed all traces of it's previous life and once I finished rebuilding it we were left with an alcove where the hand basin had been that we didn't know quite what to do with....

One foggy winter morning while we were having a coffee these 2 Adelaide Rosella's came and settled in the large Elm tree in the back yard and Ade said..."wouldn't that make a great wall photo in that alcove in the TV room"! So I snapped them, and with my SD card in hand I, headed to a large photo processing shop in town, and now those Rosella's sit behind the TV...........

39 b.jpg

It might seem a little 'kitch'  but it belongs there because, it's not some south sea island scene, it's our back yard. That TV is on a motorised track and slides down behind the cupboard when not in use!

Hope something in that lot will be of use to you Paula.

Cheers.........Rob

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

WOW 😍, the photos are fantastic, @Robin4 ! I've included the first one in the backyard category. Did you capture this image during the spring season? I'm genuinely enjoying the blend of flower colours. Congratulations on the mosaics as well; they look lovely and showcase such a creative concept.

As an exception, I've also included the TV Room photo. It's an excellent representation of remodelling efforts, and such dedication is exactly what our Community Listing needs.

-----

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Paula 

That garden photo is a spring photo Paula, and that is when our work over winter starts to pay off. That photo was taken 25/10/2022 ( last spring for us down here) and from then until February the garden is one of our drawcards for guests. They all give a 'wow' when they come around the corner to enter their cottage.

Paula, I do have an eye for the ridiculous! Our garden rambles over 1100 square metres and this is one of the 3 outdoor seating areas I provide for guests.....

IMG20181027191528 cc.jpgA crazy thing to have in an outdoor area but they are so comfy and each night I have to zip them up tight in covers to keep the moisture and vermin away from them. In winter time they just stay in their covers. Guests love them because all though they are part of the rear garden, they are tucked away where they offer a bit of privacy....... and I will lay a bet, no other listing has upholstered lounge chairs as an outdoor setting!.

Cheers........Rob

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

You may remember one of our 👉 first conversations in the Community, @Robin4 , where I mentioned that spring is my favourite season, and your garden reaffirmed this idea🌷! It looks so beautiful, and those sofas not only appear incredibly comfortable but also very stylish. I love how their colour complement the natural green of your garden.

-----

beautiful place to look at and surfbeautiful place to look at and surf

surfer paradisesurfer paradise

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Iris673, these photos are really cool! Thank you so much for sharing them. Since surfing is such a great outdoor activity, I'd like to know if it's also a major draw for potential guests to your listing.

I've added this photo to a new category called "Nearby Activities." Let me know your thoughts! 😊

-----