[GAME] Tourist destinations in Europe

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

[GAME] Tourist destinations in Europe

Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 9.38.05 PM.png

Hi everyone 👋

This week, we're jet-setting across Europe in a game exploring some of its most iconic cities and must-visit spots. 🔥

Here's how it works - we've scattered clues for you below. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to decipher these hints and drop the name of the location in the comments. Heads up 🙌 the map number is a nifty guide to the whereabouts of the city/place, but it might not be pinpoint accurate. To keep the game fair and fun, let's stick to one guess per comment 😊

Got a travel tale or two about these places? Or perhaps your listing is right in one of these locations? We'd love for you to share your experiences!

No.

Clue

Place

This city is home to the Nobel Peace Prize award ceremony.

Oslo

This city is known for its canal system and historical museums. You might also enjoy a bike ride here.

Amsterdam

The Underground system of this city is one of the oldest and most extensive in the world.

London

Bask in innovative art in its many museums or relax in the sauna.

Helsinki

Food, fashion, art, love.

Paris

Not a city, but a country known for its bagpipes, kilts, and the mystical Loch Ness Monster.

Scotland

Waffles, fries, and a statue of a peeing baby.

Brussels

This city is known for flamenco, bullfights, and its Gothic cathedral.

Seville

This tidal island is topped by a gravity-defying abbey, and the UK has its own version of it!

Mont Saint-Michel

Located in the picturesque Wirral Peninsula, this town shares its name with several other places around the country.

Moreton

The political center of both the country and international law.

The Hague

This place hosts an internationally renowned film festival every year.

Cannes

Known as the Gateway to the Fjords, this city is nestled between mountains on the west coast of Norway.

Bergen

A gorgeous lake surrounded by beautiful mountains. Also where very famous and important conventions took place.

Geneva

This city is known for its colorful buildings and the iconic Charles Bridge.

Prague 

This city is known for the Kremlin and Red Square.

Moscow

Enjoy a delicious beer while looking over the romantic canals, narrow streets, and Burgundian architecture.

Bruges

This city is home to the Gamla Stan, its old town.

Stockholm

The Danube River flows through this city, dividing it into two parts.

Budapest

This city boasts a distinctive colored-roof cathedral and is a central spot where Christmas markets come alive in winter.

Zagreb

Castles and medieval villages, truly a hidden gem. Be sure to pack your garlic (and maybe a crucifix too...)!

Transylvania

Home to the golden domes of the Saint Sophia's Cathedral.

Kiev

This city is known for its classical music, waltz, and a certain breaded veal dish.

Vienna

The home of a very famous cheese, and a very famous volcano.

Naples

In this ancient city, you can find the world-famous Parthenon.

Athens

Home of Oktoberfest.

Munich

This coastal city is synonymous with port wine, and it's where the Douro River meets the Atlantic Ocean.

Porto

This city is the birthplace of the infamous street artist whose thought-provoking creations have garnered global attention.

Bristol

This city was once devastated but now standing tall, filled with historic charm and rising as a symbol of resilience.

Warsaw

Renowned worldwide for its high fashion and design.

Milan

This city is famous for its vibrant St. Patrick's Day celebrations.

Dublin

Situated at the foot of Vitosha Mountain, this city is among the oldest in Europe.

Sofia

In this city, the dish made from stewed pieces of cow's or mutton stomach is one of its hallmarks.

Madrid

Sadly, the city's most representative architect died after being run over by a tram.

Barcelona

In this city, the principal festivity is celebrated by burning giant dolls and throwing large quantities of firecrackers.

Valencia

Have fun ✈️

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

137 Replies 137
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

34 - Happened to Antonio Gaudì in Barcelona🙁

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Correct! @Till-and-Jutta0  - have you been to Barcelona? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Well, @Quincy, because part of my family lives in Catalonia, from time to time we come through the Capital. And we took the chance to visit Gaudì's great artworks. So we've heard about this tragic end.

And our beloved @Norma17 lived in Barcelona 😍.

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Paula 

Well  I have to answer question #12 as my apartment is in this town and it's a really important event for all Airbnb hosts! The answer is of course Cannes🤗

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

That's absolutely right, dear @Joelle43  😊 I'm really interested to know how this festival has been enhancing your hosting journey. I can only imagine the wonderful experiences you must be having during this season in Cannes. Have you noticed an influx of people from particular countries traveling to Cannes?

By the way, this film festival is at the very top of my travel bucket list! 😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Paula 

This is only my third year hosting but every year I have welcomed people from  different countries and origins, some producers some not.  A different kind of traveller to the ones I host during the summer months but just as enjoyable.

I never venture into Cannes during the Festival as most of the roads are cordoned off and security is very tight but this year was a bumper year for American celebs attending so that was great for the adoring fans!

You're very welcome to try out my place when you decide to come😊

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Paula is no 1 Oslo Norway. 

No,  I haven't been to Oslow but called into the port of Kristiansand on a cruise to Northern Europe for a taste of Norway.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

@Laurelle3 That's correct. I've actually heard about the breathtaking Scandinavian cruise you mentioned. The landscapes you get to witness on that journey are truly awe-inspiring. I'm curious, is there a particular landscape that stands out in your memory?

Have you visited any of the other places mentioned in the game? Feel free to guess another one if you'd like 😊

-----

LaWanna0
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Is number 2 Amsterdam

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi, @LaWanna0 ! That's correct. I want to mention one place from your previous answer: Amsterdam. Have you ever been there? When I went, I was amazed by the countless bicycles I saw everywhere. It was so much fun!🎉

-----

Kamal139
Level 1
Charlotte, NC

15 is Prague 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello, @Kamal139  Welcome to our Community 😊

In order to keep the game going and maintain the spirit of the rules, I left one guess in your comment. Have you had the chance to explore the enchanting city of Prague? If so, I'd love to hear any fun and memorable stories you have from your time there.

I'm excited to hear more about your experience!

-----

Antonia499
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

31 is Ireland! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Antonia499 and Welcome to our Community Center🎉

The clue for place #31 hints towards a location in Ireland. Do you happen to have the specific city in mind? 😊

-----