Greensboro North Caroline USA community group?

Joy189
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

Greensboro North Caroline USA community group?

I would like to attend or set up a group of fellow Airbnb Hosts in Greensboro NC. There is not a group here that I have been able to see on the Airbnb platform. I have spent some time looking and have not been able to set up an Airbnb sanctioned group even though I know that there are other hosts in the Greensboro area. There is a group in Winston-Salem, but I do not want to drive to winston and I feel that their market is different than Greensboro so joining that group would be less helpful.... though it would likely be more helpful than the current no group we have in Greensboro. If I am having an issue locating a Greensboro group, I feel confident that there are others who are looking for this group of hosts as well. I have applied to start a group at one time on Airbnb, and heard zero response ... unless the response came without notification or email, or text and was in some place on the platform that I rarely or never go.... which is entirely possible since I only go to the travel side of the platform a few times a year when I travel. I have noticed that a lot of the customer support messages require me to read them on the travel side, even when it is dealing with a hosting conversation. This is mildly annoying and Airbnb has received multiple feedback requests about it and I guess has bigger issues to address. I don't know the status of any of the feedback I have submitted because there is no communication from Airbnb of this sort until they release some new update that they want to make public. Some updates happen at night and I only discover an update has occurred when one of my automation is no longer automated and one of my reservations is impacted ... and then my own day is robbed from me because I then have to spend the remainder of the day remediating whatever had been done in secret by Airbnb. Visual check in guides have been deleted or moved to someplace I no longer have access ... auto message didn't sent automatically... Airbnb will surface apologize and continue same same. I just want to meet up with other hosts in my area to see what things they do to make their properties better for their guests. I want to compare notes on solutions and create strategies that make Airbnb better for hosts and guests. I can not depend on Airbnb to fix itself when they don't seem capable of looking at their own corporate reflection in their own corporate mass produced mirror. 

Joy Watson
5 Replies 5
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Joy189,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing difficulties with communication, which has impacted your plans to create a group.

When someone applies to start a group, they usually receive an email with further instructions. Did you apply for it last year or recently? If so, I just wanted to double-check if you might have received an email with respect to your application, or if it could have gone in the promotions or spam folder of your mail?

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

I applied over a year ago and never heard back. If it went into spam, it would be odd since every other email from Airbnb comes to my inbox like clockwork. 

Joy Watson
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Joy189  You don't need to set up an Airbnb sanctioned group . You can just set up your own group on FB/meet up etc . 

Stefanee1
Level 1
Greensboro, NC

I’m in Greensboro and interested in being part of the group as I’m looking to relist my condo in downtown. 

Blake269
Level 1
Greensboro, NC

Hi Joy,

Please join our new Greensboro Airbnb Host Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/greensboroairbnbhosts/

Blake