Greetings from Oakland, California!

Karen4298
Level 1
Oakland, CA

Greetings from Oakland, California!

I'm from Oakland, California. I've just started hosting on Airbnb this year and offer a charming guest suite in my beautiful Victorian building. I have a passion for interior design and am continuously learning how to enhance the experience for my guests. I'm grateful for any help and advice from this lovely Airbnb community and look forward to connecting with hosts from around the world.

3 Replies 3
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Karen4298! I hope everything is going well for you 😊

How has hosting been for you so far? 

Just so you know, if you're specifically looking for advice on your listing, we also have a guide on how to ask for listing critique. You can find the guide by clicking here👈 

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

Congratulations @Karen4298   You  seem to be doing well.

Just some   suggestions:

500 ssqq feet and bathroom off the  bedroom   would not be ideal  for 4  adults haha..  Don't  present that way.  Maybe a couple with one kid on a floor mattress would work?

Usually when people mark lower on location, I  am a brain picker  so I ask.   I had a rental very busy because Honolulu, I thought I was clear but not to everyone there are areas in Honolulu that are still   very tropical in  the city  but that also means that you don't have city conveniences 5 minutes away   maybe 10 or 12 minutes but not walking.  I had to present it positive but set right expectation.

You got dinged on  cleanliness  but like every review raves about how clean.  I think  this is minor things again  like having a  shower curtain.  I   don't  think anything is dirty but  stupid things like that a guest will ding you.  Does the kitchen have  a  sponge ,    dish   towel   and pot holders?

Thank you Marie8425 for your congratulations and suggestions!

I have someone who manages my listing for me, and I had asked her to limit it to 2 people only. I didn't realize it still says 4 guests on the listing – I'll update that right away. Thanks for pointing that out.

Regarding cleanliness, yes, the kitchen does have a used sponge and a few new sponges in the cabinets for guests to use. There are also dish towels, pot holders, and paper towels available. I appreciate your feedback and will make sure to address these minor details to improve the guest experience.

Thanks again for your helpful insights!