Guest lied about age of children listing one as an infant.

Answered!
Barbara2354
Level 2
Tobyhanna, PA

Guest lied about age of children listing one as an infant.

My listing says maximum of four persons.  I have a guest who said she was 2 adults, 2 kids, and an infant.  After approving I look her up on facebook and the infant is at least 3 and 1/2 years old.  Can I cancel without a fee?   

1 Best Answer

@Barbara2354  When the group size has been misrepresented and does not meet your requirements, Airbnb does tend to grant you a penalty-free cancellation. But they might not accept your Facebook investigation as evidence. I'd strongly recommend that you contact the guest first via Airbnb messenger, and get the details into your correspondence. Then, you're in a better position to get out of the booking with Airbnb's customer service.

If this was an Instant Booking, you can also use one of your get-out-of-jail-free cards, but it might be wise to hold onto those for awhile.

2 Replies 2

@Barbara2354  When the group size has been misrepresented and does not meet your requirements, Airbnb does tend to grant you a penalty-free cancellation. But they might not accept your Facebook investigation as evidence. I'd strongly recommend that you contact the guest first via Airbnb messenger, and get the details into your correspondence. Then, you're in a better position to get out of the booking with Airbnb's customer service.

If this was an Instant Booking, you can also use one of your get-out-of-jail-free cards, but it might be wise to hold onto those for awhile.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Airbnb's age categories for children are absurd and must have been formulated by childless people. No parent would ever refer to their 2 year old as an infant unless it meant they didn't have to pay for them.

An infant is a babe in arms who can't make a mess or do any damage on their own, not a walking, talking toddler. Age categories should be birth to walking, walking to 5, and 6-12.

No listing is unsuitable for a baby that does nothing but sleep, eat, fill their diaper and look around at things. But there's plenty of places that are unsuitable for a rambunctious toddler.