Help, Gross Earnings Transaction Report is inaccurate

Marianna188
Level 2
Oakland, CA

Help, Gross Earnings Transaction Report is inaccurate

The reporting available to me is showing the incorrect amount for occupancy taxes withheld in July for ** reservation, ** . This guest changed his reservation three times. I believe the amount is correct on the reservation details page, $447.08. However in the Transaction History Gross Earnings report, I see $249.90 three times. I need an accurate version of the gross earnings report because I need to submit my quarterly earnings to the City of Oakland in order to be in compliance with my short term occupancy business license. I am aware that AirBnB submits the taxes directly to Oakland, but I am required to report how much I earned and the amount of taxes paid on my behalf. I am required to provide proof of my earnings using the Transaction History Gross Earnings report which is wrong. Something is wrong on the back end in the system. Please don't ask me to read a support page about occupancy taxes. I have been messaging AirBnB Support for a week. How do I contact a human being who can solve the issue? How can I contact the AirBnB executive who oversees Oakland, California?

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Marianna188 

Why allow a guest to change a reservation three(!) times ?

If the information is incorrect, you can sent Airbnb feedback:

Airbnb Feedback

Did you download the CSV files from Transaction History pages to check all details ?

@Emiel1 

I was happy to extend the reservation three times because there was no conflict with a future guest. Thanks for the suggestion to check the CSV version of the Transaction History Gross Earnings Report, it is also inaccurate and reflects the numbers in the formatted app version of the report. What is the difference between "AirBnB Support" and "AirBnB Feedback"?

Thank you

Airbnb support means you are dealing with an Airbnb customer service agent about an issue. Feedback is just informing Airbnb about a glitch or making suggestions or complaints, but feedback isn't personally responded to.

When you send Support a message, state in the first line what dept. needs to handle this. With your current issue, write "Technical Issue." This ca help for them just to pas it along to the correct team without the front line rep having to figure out what your issue is. 

@Marianna188

Thanks @Sarah977 that's very helpful!

@Marianna188 , @Emiel1 ,

I have the same issue and we are not isolated cases! We (3 different hosts) could verify the only information available about occupancy tax (ie information given on the bottom page of each confirmation mail AND .csv gross earning file details) is wrong.

Occupancy tax was calculated on the bases of the initial booking and not updated after modifications were confirmed. We are out of our pocket for the difference since the site is actually not able to provide any proof guests paid the due amount!

@Olivier291 

I'm sorry that happened to you. I wish there was a place to communicate technical problems with AirBnB that is separate from guest issues.