Help us to spread truth about Ukraine

Help us to spread truth about Ukraine

@Catherine-Powell 

Now in Ukraine we have such an awful situation, our neighbor ruined our normal life. The Russian army has not only violated Ukraine's sovereignty, but also grossly violates the rules of warfare on a daily basis. And we want to share this information with the international community. Our State Agency for Tourism Development would like to ask your resource for help, we've created our account where we'll add truthful photos with ruined houses in Ukraine. We should spread consequences of this invitation to people all around the world, especially we would like to show this for Russian people, they should see the real situation here.

Unfortunately, Airbnb keeps deleting our advertisements with places and photos that were destroyed by the Russian military. We ask for your help in getting them back on the platform so we can directly show them to Russians. We hope our informational campaign won't hurt your customers from other countries but we desperately want to spread the truth among Russians who are blinded by governmental propaganda.

6 Replies 6
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Державне-Агентство0 

first I would like to say we are all shocked by this war and even we are far away,  our hearts and thoughts are with people in Ukraine ❤️

I've heard people are leaving comments and news on google maps, under Russian restaurants to inform them what's really going on in Ukraine.

I don't know if you are aware but Airbnb closed calendars of all Russian hosts and experiences and they are all unbookable now. But Russians can still book accommodation outside of Russia. Airbnb also doesn't charge any service fee for bookings in Ukraine so Ukrainian hosts get the full amount.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Branka-and-Silvia0  "But Russians can still book accommodation outside of Russia. "

Emilie said that yesterday but it isn't true.

This was published today in the Guardian:

"The company elaborated on Chesky’s tweet, adding that the ban would extend to Airbnb members of those countries trying to make any bookings on the site.

“This means that we will block calendars from accepting new bookings in both countries until further notice,” said a spokesperson for the company. “We will also restrict users in Belarus and Russia from making new reservations as guests."

@Sarah977  if that's true ( I wouldn't trust every word in newspapers) then it is sad. There are Russians who are running away from there and those who were out of the country at the time the war has begun and, understandably, are too scared to go home now.

But yes, the reason could be their frozen bank accounts.

@Branka-and-Silvia0  That was a quote from Airbnb given to the Guardian, though, not a jounalist's interpretation. 

I know there are lots of Russians trying to get out of Russia and I read they have detained 8000 dissidents.

There can certainly be some value in making things bad enough for citizens of a country, even the innocent ones, to oust their leader if he/she is doing horrible things but considering that Putin has no qualms about killing dissents, in this situation, I don't know that causing suffering to ordinary citizens accomplishes much. It's the oligarchs who can oust him, so the seizing of their yachts and properties and freezing any of their known bank accounts seems like it would have the most impact.

@Державне-Агентство0 Thank you for sharing your story with me.

I cannot imagine what you and your loved ones are going through. Your strength throughout this crisis is admirable and humbling. We have already announced several actions to support Ukrainians at this time, but we are continuing to explore other ways to help.

Warmly,

Catherine

Hello, I'm from Irpen, it's in Ukraine. I am renting out my apartment during the hostilities in my city and my country.