Hi, I'm Paola!

Paola1823
Level 2
Toceno, Italy

Hi, I'm Paola!

Hi everyone! I'm Paola and I'm new on Airbnb. How are you? How are you going this final part of the year? I started few days ago and I found out that some people like to book many months before the holiday...I'm really surprised to see bookings at August and September 2023!! What about you? Do you have any situations like mine?? 😅

I want to wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!💖

Paola😀

14 Replies 14
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Paola1823 ! Welcome to Airbnb and to the Community Center, and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! 😃

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi Sybe, thank you welcoming me...sorry for my delay answering you: I've been busy with my family and no time to stay at my PC 😭

See you!

Paola

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Thank you @Paola1823! Wishing you a lovely Christmas and a successful New Year!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Than you welcoming me, sorry for my delay answering you...I'm so busy with my family..and no time to stay at my PC🙈

See you!! 🤗

Deb216
Level 10
Newport, RI

@Paola1823   Ciao',  from Cape Cod!

Yes, I have received a booking for July already but most of our guests contact us in the beginning of the year to book our home for their summer vacations.  It's so exciting to receive the messages! 

Your home looks very welcoming and your area is beautiful. Good luck to you!

We traveled to La Morra (approx. 2 hours drive south of your home) and surrounding areas many years ago while we were living near Napoli.  We have so many wonderful memories!

Buon Natale' from my family to yours.

~ Deb

IMGP4859.JPG

Hi Deb, so glad you find Italy comfortable and beautiful for you and your family for a while!! I know La Morra, I went there for a weekend some years ago, for a wine tasting with my husband and a couple of friends...wonderful place!

Thank you for your advices and sorry for my delay answering you: too many things to do in my family, few time to stay at my PC😂

I'd love to visit Napoli: I've never been there 😭

Tell me if you're gonna come again in Italy, maybe in my area: I'd love to host you in my home 😀

See you!

Paola

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Hello Paola.Welcome  . My advice to you is to close your calendar ,leaving only three months ahead. As a new host you will probably have cheaper rates and guests are looking to lock those rates in . Be careful of all your discounts and be aware of special dates becoming available , maybe slightly higher rates on weekends or extend your stays to more than one night . do not use Instant book . I b until you are a little used to using the system to check ids and you have 'house rules ' in place . All the best   H

Thank you for all the advices and sorry I'm answering you so late...I've been so busy with my family!!

@Paola1823 

Airbnb will give your listing a boost right after you go live and you'll receive a lot of inquiries.

However, I would say that your rates are too low if people are trying to book 10 months in advance.

Hope that helps!

Hi, thanks a lot for all the advices! I'm sorry I'm answering you so late, I was very busy with my family😅

Bye!!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Paola1823 ,

It is so great to hear back from you!

How are things going for you and your listing?

-----

Hi @Bhumika ,

I'm doing quite well! I received bookings for Epiphany,  Easter and for another weekend near Easter, and I have bookings for three weeks in August and the first weekend of September. I'm considering advices from other members of this conversation, to improve my reservations...but I'm also evaluating how's the situation in my first year on Airbnb 😁

Thanks and see you!

Paola

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Awesome to hear @Paola1823 !!

As the above post is from last year, I thought you might also consider posting a newer post asking other members to critique your listing: like this. I believe it will help your thread and concerns get more visibility.

I am sure, our members will be really glad to guide you with useful feedback on your listing and some handy tips to improve your reservations🎉.

-----

Great idea! I'm going to post as soon as possible..now I must follow my daughter...asking me to play right now!!😂😂😂

Bye!!🤗🤗🤗