Host asking me for email or WhatsApp

Answered!

Host asking me for email or WhatsApp

Hi Everyone,

Host asked me for my email or WhatsApp after booking confirmation.  Is that normal?

Thanks,

Andy

1 Best Answer
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Man-Hong-Andy0 

It's best to keep all communication on the Airbnb platform, just in case there are any issues, there is then an official record of events and communication. Guests and hosts are each given a unique airbnb email address to use should email be needed for any reason. So there is no need for what the host is suggesting. You can remind/inform them of that, though they should already be aware.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Man-Hong-Andy0 

It's best to keep all communication on the Airbnb platform, just in case there are any issues, there is then an official record of events and communication. Guests and hosts are each given a unique airbnb email address to use should email be needed for any reason. So there is no need for what the host is suggesting. You can remind/inform them of that, though they should already be aware.

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Man-Hong-Andy0  I always asked what app for some apartments to send video for keys location, how to use Oven, and anyone has difficulty with shower set,  and other things who seem complicated for some guests, nothing wrong with it, mostly it is a video i send

and many of them are thankful as the make the whole process easy

But all rest of info on Airbnb messaging system

Chris16452
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

No it’s not normal at all.

At best it’s a breach of terms and your privacy.

At worse it puts you at risk of abuse, fraud, theft, injury and death.  Report the listing, report the host, report Airbnb.

Do not normalise contact via WhatsApp - as a Airbnb customer you PAY to build their messaging App.  To keep travellers SAFE!