Houses with no reviews -- should you be wary?

Answered!

Houses with no reviews -- should you be wary?

I have reserved a house that has no reviews.  It says that the host is a SuperHost and there is one listing out of seven that has reviews.  None of the others have reviews.

Should I be wary of this host/listing?  Can AIRBNB confirm whether a house has been previously rented?

1 Best Answer
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Randy617 the reviews belong to the host not the house.Ask the host about the situation via messaging. They may have simply taken over hosting from others. On the other hand it may be a scam....If it is report it to Airbnb proper ,not here as we are only hosts.... H

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

So in essence the host has 7 listings, but only one (his flagship) has enough reviews for him to have achieve SuperHost, but now gives the impression that he earned SuperHost with the other 6?

Fred13 He would still have reviews if they had been rented just not superhost . If there are other reviews on the other houses then read them would be my advice ....but I got the impression there are no other reviews on the other houses. .....H

Ah, reviews but not count collectively toward Superhost, makes a bit more sense.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Randy617 the reviews belong to the host not the house.Ask the host about the situation via messaging. They may have simply taken over hosting from others. On the other hand it may be a scam....If it is report it to Airbnb proper ,not here as we are only hosts.... H

Also Randy check that the booking is being made correctly through Airbnb because it sounds odd....H

Thanks, Helen.  I have been communicating with the host and it seems legit.  It looks like there are other time slots that have been booked in the couple of months leading up to mine.  Hopefully there will be some reviews shortly.