How to set up account for a home I want to co host

Angela2378
Level 2
Annapolis, MD

How to set up account for a home I want to co host

Hi!  I am house sitting a home and living in the lower level which has a separate entrance.   The home owner wants to Airbnb the first floor of the home, 2 br rancher.   I have an account, but am reading that I don't want this home in my name?  Do I make up an email for the home owner?  What about the phone number?  He initially set up an account and every time I went to access the account, I needed codes from him.  He is hands off and wants me to do the entire process.  Any help would be awesome.

Thank you

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Angela2378 

The owner is the host and you can be added as the co-host:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1244/how-do-i-add-a-cohost-to-my-listing

ok thanks.  That is a good start.  He is hands off, so I need to do all of it myself.  Can I make the listing on his behalf?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Thank you so much!!

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Angela2378 you can set up a listing under your own account and route the payments to the owner. This could work as long as you have a clear agreement with the owner regarding compensation for your services.

I do it this way when assisting my neighbours who do not speak multiple languages.

ok but I am reading that many people say not to put the listing under my own name for tax reasons?