I got a request from a nudist.

Tereza92
Level 1
Brasilia, Brazil

I got a request from a nudist.

Have you ever gotten a request from a nudist? What if? Would you accept it? 

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Tereza92 

No.

(But maybe, if there would be a secluded outdoor space to the accommodation)

@Tereza92 As an in-home host you have every right to require guests to wear clothing in the common areas of the property, if nudity is out of your comfort zone. But since the guest took the unusual step of mentioning nudism in the request, it's probably best to make sure you're on the same page about the dress code before you make your decision.

I'd suggest at least requiring the guest to wear a mask, if nothing else, and maybe put down a dry towel before sitting on your sofa.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Ask the guest to send a full body nude photo and after viewing, you'll decide whether you want to see him naked in person or not. 😉

Mark-and-Carin0
Level 3
Edinboro, PA

Lol.  Won't be long until abb policy will consider it a disability/discrimination if you don't.

@Mark-and-Carin0   "I'm not breaking your nudity rule, this is my Emotional Support Snake."

Tammy539
Level 1
Midlothian, VA

I know that I'm late to this...as a nudist I would recommend that should you consider accepting a nudist that you find out what they use for sitting.

A true naturist will ALWAYS use a barrier such as a towel on any surface to use to sit on. Even in our own homes. Be mindful of the laws in your area if someone sees a nice person through the windows.

Overall, a true naturist/nudist is likely love of the most clean individuals you would ever meet.

All good points!  I just opened up my first airbnb right next to some very popular nudist hot springs and I'm expecting these issues and questions to be a common part of my hosting experience.  Naturists are generally awesome people, like 95% of such communities are composed of the most vibrant, kind, safe, respectful, considerate souls on earth and the the other 5% are an offensive collection of lecherous lames and even outright predators... spoken from experience of over a decade orbiting a naturist community out here.  Now I'm wondering what kinds of naturist experiences I can possibly offer in addition to my listing.

Steve-and-Karen2
Level 2
Guildford, United Kingdom

We have never gotten a request, but have asked if we can swim and sunbathe nude around the pool several times. Responses were around 75% positive with about half of those asking that we dress when they are also using the pool. The other half were either very discrete or had no problem with us being nude. One lady even joined us for what she said was her first ever skinny dip. Only about 25% flat out said no, and all very politely. 

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

A couple of years ago we have been asked by guests if we mind, when they are naked – in our shared apartment! Declined.