I would like Airbnb to stipulate the number of guests and full names on every reservation. Often times it says one guest and upon check-in there are more, especially whenever ther

Patricia148
Level 2
Montego Bay, Jamaica

I would like Airbnb to stipulate the number of guests and full names on every reservation. Often times it says one guest and upon check-in there are more, especially whenever ther

I need more information on all guests, when reservation is being made.

Patricia E.

3 Replies 3
Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

Hi @Patricia148 .  Would be nice but don't hold your breathe for Airbnb to do that.  Best to remind the persons booking of your maximum occupancy and let them know what your penalty would be for breaching that limit, etc. Also, you can use Airbnb's 'Scheduled messages' in your Inbox to create a similar message that would go out automatically to your guests when they book. 

Enri1804
Level 10
Yulee, FL

@Patricia148  If you were to ask other hosts (“Airbnb made possible by hosts”) if they agree with you, I bet 99% would. You’d think hosts would be able to have some sort of say/pull with Airbnb.

Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

You can request this information and a guest MUST comply if you have a House Rule that mandates provision of this information.  However, you must be extremely diligent in applying it.  Many guests will not bother reading the House Rules and when they do, will be unwilling to supply the information.  In these cases you must be prepared to cancel the guest and take up the fight with Airbnb to ensure that the cancellation attracts no penalty.

I know this works.  I do it and I've had a few instances where the guest's booking has been cancelled without penalty because of refusal to comply.