If You Host in Guadalajara!!!!

Eduardo1353
Level 2
Guadalajara, Mexico

If You Host in Guadalajara!!!!

If you are a host you need to protect yourself. Airbnb will not do nothing. 3 months ago I hosted a guest by the name David. At check out he did not replyed to my messages, when I went to my house the guest tock everything from my house. I was robbed! 3 months ago!! I opened a case with airbnb and until this point nobody at Airbnb has contacted me with any information about it. Airbnb said to me when I started hosting that I was insured up to one million dollars for cases like this. after 3 months still not a single call from Airbnb. During these 3 months other hosts from my city Guadalajara Jalisco (México) reached to me to talked about my insident, so far 5 other hosts!. Same person!!! diferent name and personal information. How is this possible????? I thought Airbnb has a very strict verification processes!!!
but I guess NOT!!!! We are now 6 hosts from Guadalajara who were robbed by the same person and Airbnb still not doing anything about it!!! they should informed all of the hosts from Guadalajara!!!! to protect them from this guys!!!!

Eduardo Sandoval Lopez

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Eduardo1353 I'm very sorry to read your experience with your guest. I have reached out to Customer Support with the information you provided and I'll update you via DM.

Thank you