Is hosting airbnb a business or a passion to you?

Jennifer3056
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

Is hosting airbnb a business or a passion to you?

After starting hosting, I realize 2 apartments, don't cut it. So I added 5 more, then 2 more. Now I have 5 more additions coming up.

Please share your thoughts.

Hosting Dar es Salaam Tanzania.

Jennifer
6 Replies 6
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Jennifer3056, Many congratulations on adding feathers to your Hosting cap. 😍

Seeing your number of listings and efforts, I would love to know what inspired you to start hosting on Airbnb and what makes you keep going! 

I am also curious to see what our Host Community has to say about this interesting question that you have asked😉

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

So we actually did airbnb as a trial. The plan was doing long-term rentals. God was on our side, so the STR went soo well, and there was so much demand. We continued to learned from our peers and from our mistakes. We started enjoying to host and interacting with our guests from all over the world, who really enjoyed staying at our place. Most of our guests it is always their first time in Tanzania, so we took our time to help them with all their needs and especially language barrier (swahili) 

Now we will cont to host and add more places depending on what our guests requires. E.g many guests asked if we can have 2 and 3 bedrooms homes, and swimming pools. So that's our plan to add those for bigger families.

Hope this will inspire others.

Jennifer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

That is wonderful to hear @Jennifer3056 how you make sure to welcome your guests who are new to the region with so much care and thoughtful gestures.

Thank you for sharing all about it and inspiring our Community!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sarah5000
Host Advisory Board Member
Adelaide, Australia

@Jennifer3056 Both for me , I started it with my passion and now I still love to run Airbnb and to be grateful the income to support myself, therefore I run it a family business with my passion after 8 years hosting. Not just hosting but also connecting with the community.

Sarah
Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

@Sarah5000 

how to become a host advisory board member just curious..

Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

@Jennifer3056 your places in TAzania looks super.

How did you source your listings? do you rent from locals or do you buy? 

how do you handle furniture settings from Atlanta Ga?