Is it possible to use another person's debit card when paying?

Answered!
Janny9
Level 1
Valenzuela, Philippines

Is it possible to use another person's debit card when paying?

I am planning to book a place for a team engagement however I do not have my own credit card that's why I'm planning to use my friend's debit card instead. Is that possible?

I would really appreciate a quick response.

Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Janny9,

To pay on Airbnb you'll have to register the card in your Airbnb account. You cannot simply give a card number when being asked to pay for the reservation.

It would be much less trouble to have someone with an existing Airbnb account make the booking.

It may be possible legally to do what you ask. The Airbnb payment terms below state in section 14 that you may not "register or use any Payment Method or Payout Method with your Airbnb Account that is not yours or you do not have authorization to use;"

payments_terms

However you may encounter several difficulties due to their fraud prevention and verification processes.

Remember also that all charges that hosts apply or that Airbnb charges for damages etc. will be charged to the card you register.

As part of their fraud prevention and verification Airbnb may require you to provide financial statements for the card, may require that any address you give is also the address of the card owner, place a hold for varying amounts on the card, charge and / or refund to the card varying amounts to check that that it's valid etc.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Janny9,

To pay on Airbnb you'll have to register the card in your Airbnb account. You cannot simply give a card number when being asked to pay for the reservation.

It would be much less trouble to have someone with an existing Airbnb account make the booking.

It may be possible legally to do what you ask. The Airbnb payment terms below state in section 14 that you may not "register or use any Payment Method or Payout Method with your Airbnb Account that is not yours or you do not have authorization to use;"

payments_terms

However you may encounter several difficulties due to their fraud prevention and verification processes.

Remember also that all charges that hosts apply or that Airbnb charges for damages etc. will be charged to the card you register.

As part of their fraud prevention and verification Airbnb may require you to provide financial statements for the card, may require that any address you give is also the address of the card owner, place a hold for varying amounts on the card, charge and / or refund to the card varying amounts to check that that it's valid etc.

Steve.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Janny9   Also, I do not think that airbnb will accept payment using a debit card, only a credit card (or paypal and others depending on where you live). You need to check which payment methods are accepted in your region. There have been many posts on here of guests saying the system won't accept their debit card.