Just reopening my Airbnb

Anne9956
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Just reopening my Airbnb

Is it possible to require guests be vaccinated?

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Anne9956 

Not everyone has already access to vaccination (depending on policies in country of residence)

Maybe it gives peace of mind if a guest can show a recent (negative) PCR test.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 Tests are not that accurate and at best only show that the guest was not infected at the time of testing. If people are at risk with respect to age or health they should not host for quite a while yet.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mike-And-Jane0 

Yes, that is correct. I do not know the personal situation of @Anne9956  , but requiring "guest be vaccinated" is IMO not OK, while requiring a test could be an option (?)

Added:

I just noticed OP created a duplicate post:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Getting-back-after-COVID-shutdowm/m-p/1403889#M306343

@Mike-And-Jane0 Everyone is at risk. Otherwise healthy young people have died from this virus or are suffering long term health effects. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 There is probably a higher risk when crossing the road than Covid killing you if you are under 40 with no underlying health issues. Yes everyone is at risk but for many the risk is miniscule.

@Mike-And-Jane0  And that attitude is a large reason why COVID continues to spread. Young people thinking they aren't at risk, so flauting precautions, then infecting their other family members who die from it.