Large family options

Large family options

We are wanting to gather with our adult children and 17,15 and  13-year-olds to have a low-key celebration of 3 graduating college(graduation was moved to Sept and then cancelled)  and my husband's birthday.  If everyone is coming, there are 13 of us, including my mom who lives with us.  Every space I ask about throwing our airbeds on a floor to add a few more people are rejected outright or are asking for 25 per person over 2 people (an extra 125).  We don't drink, we are low key, and mostly want a place near Virginia Beach/Norfolk to hang out and sleep when we aren't at the Beach.  My husband and I have great ratings.  Our adult kids have great ratings.  Our adult kids have new jobs or are in grad school and can't foot a bill.  We were even told that it was illegal to have more than 6 in a house in Virginia Beach per city code. I  looked it up.  That is true if you aren't one family.  I understood when folks didn't want to host us when all 10 kids were little.  

So if you have any suggestions on how to find a place that is 350 or less for the 2 nights in Sept, I would love to hear it.  I am sure I could provide references beyond our good Airbnb ratings, but they don't' know our references any more than they know us.    I don't mean to complain. I understand all the reasons.  I just want to know if someone here has recommendations for us.

Thanks

1 Reply 1
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Adding guests above a max limit is not normally possible.  Can be because of regulation and bylaws, or insurance, or plumbing. For me, the council has a max of 5 without extra permits. I would therefore not exceed numbers at any price. I looked where you want to go, can't seem to get anything that cheap.  Maybe consider a cheaper area?