Limited Lodging Permits in Philadelphia

Catherine76
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

Limited Lodging Permits in Philadelphia

Has anyone been successful at obtaining the necessary permits, etc. for an Air Bnb in Philadelphia.  I have wasted at the Licenses and Inspection offices and have made not progress. I have a single Air BnB on the ground floor of my house, where I live.  

Here are my specific questions:

1. Do I need a business tax ID number?  Can it be gotten online?  How?

2. Do I need to obtain a Use Permit for Limited Lodging?  Can it be gotten on line?  How?

3. Do I need a Limited Lodging Operator's License?  Can it be gotten online.  How?

4.  Are there other requirements?

Thank you,

Catherine

4 Replies 4
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Catherine76 ! Did you get any answers to your questions yet?

Since it's specific to the regulations in Philadelphia, it might be worth asking your question again in one of the local Host Clubs. You can find them here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Get-Local/ct-p/en_clubs

I hope that helps! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Catherine76  this is a forum for questions around how Airbnb works and Airbnb related issues

If you want to understand STR regulations in your area, you would be best checking on your local government website or giving them a call. 

Mike344
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

looks like the city wants everyone like you and me to pay $150 a year in addition to taxes.  I tried going through the city's links provided by airbnb and never heard back, a month ago.  Now I think I'll just quit hosting.

That sounds about right. The city is making this process very difficult.  I think I will be quitting as well. I really enjoyed hosting!