Listing settings changing ON THEIR OWN

Lindsey231
Level 3
Fort Collins, CO

Listing settings changing ON THEIR OWN

Has anyone else experienced, as a host, listing settings changing on their own? 

I have experienced this multiple times over the past year. 

- At first I noticed that even though I set our property to 2 beds, when I was reviewing the listing a few days later, it said 1 bed. I changed it to 2 beds, and previewed the listing to be sure it was showing up correctly (it was). A few weeks later, checked the listing again, and it was showing up as 1 BED! This happened maybe 3 times over the first few months having the listing.

- I have noticed the same thing with the cancelation policy. We set a "strict" policy for our listings. Every so often I look through all the settings of our listings to make sure they're as they should be, and a few weeks ago I noticed our "strict" cancelation policy was suddenly set to "flexible". I immediately switched it back to "strict". I viewed the listing on preview to be sure it was "strict" again and it was. I checked it days later and it was still correct. Today we had a cancelation for a reservation 2 days from now (it was originally booked weeks ago), and the payout said $0! I looked at our cancelation policy and it was set to "flexible"! I am furious because now we've lost money over this glitch, and I have yet to research how many guests have booked under the "flexible" policy since it last reverted, and how much potential revenue we will lose because of this if guests choose to cancel last minute. 

I have found this same issue from multiple other Hosts, here is an example from two:

Suzanne210 in San Diego, CA
Level 2
‎01-03-2019 08:25 AM
When did Airbnb update the "strict" cancellation policy. I had a guest book before the change and now wants to cancel, he will now be able to get full refund. We had a contract. Airbnb continually impose their policies on hosts but flout the original policies hosts have signed up for.

Michelle147 in Dallas, TX
Level 2
‎01-11-2019 03:53 AM
I just had the same thing happen to me. I always have had a strict cancellation policy. Guest books Dec. 29 for Jan 12. He cancels reservations Jan. 9 and gets a full refund. I look at guest itinerary and it now ahows Flexible cancellation policy. Of course now Airbnb accuse me of making the change. Also it's almost impossible to get a supervisor on the phone. So much for being a Super Host.

When I messaged Airbnb about it they said that it was likely my co-host (which it definitely wasn't) and that they "haven't received any update that we're having issued with listing settings changes without changing it from your end as you're the only ones who has an acceds to make changes to it".

They are currently looking into it further but I'm not feeling too confident that we'll get any financial compensation out of it even though their programming is at fault.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

21 Replies 21
Cheryn1
Level 2
Colorado, United States

I am throwing this into any conversation that comes remotely close to my issue

I thought it was because I am a mid century modern aged woman and the 21st century has been difficult for me.

Daily I go to my listing and it is red button UNLISTED

I go to settings and change it to LISTED

hit SAVE

green button LISTED shows

when I go back to the listing again red button UNLISTED is lit up.

Leah50
Level 3
Columbia, SC

Yes! I just noticed all 3 of my listings set at 3 separate cancellation policies, even though I explicitly try to keep them set a strict non flexible policy. I’ve also been aware of Airbnb modifying my discount policy as well. 

John7031
Level 2
Grosse Pointe Park, MI

I am experiencing the same issue with my listing. Two weeks ago, I became aware that, by some mysterious means, my check in time was changed from 4:00 PM to 11:00 AM.

Today, I found that my "Weekly Discount" had, by some mysterious means, been changed from 10% to 31% and my "Monthly Discount" had, by some mysterious means, been changed from 20% to 56%.

I found this out because a guest reserved our property for Aug and was given the 31% discount, not 10%. This is a $520 hit to me.

I did not make these changes and calling super host support left me with nothing but frustration.

Extremely troubling.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @John7031 , 

What did the Support say?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I had same thing happen on a one month stay. I will never do that again. Airbnb set the discount not me. 

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

I have experienced a similar issue, yesterday I became aware that, by some mysterious means, my check-out info was cancelled! I entered it again, lets see ...

Suzanne155
Level 2
Austin, TX

Heads up! Airbnb just added a no cleaning fee for short stays. I’ve been a host for seven years. I usually rent only weekends. My place is booked today and I realize there wasn’t a cleaning fee. $60. I pay $65. Their solution was to ask guest to pay. I refused, saying this was an Airbnb issue not my guest issue. So far I’ve received 3 messages saying they are working on it, but now they’ve outsourced to a call center in India. You can hear others talking and my agents head phone wasn’t working so he couldn’t hear me and hung up.