Losing superhost due to corona cancellations

Anneke9
Level 1
Doesburg, NL

Losing superhost due to corona cancellations

Since I joined airbnb 4 years ago I have been a superhost. Due to corona I have lost bookings since February.
Reason for airbnb to tell me today that I am no longer  a superhost since I didn’t have enough bookings.  This company should be ashamed of the way it treats the people it makes money on. 

6 Replies 6
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Anneke9 

Your profile here is showing you are still a Superhost. Are you sure you lost it this assessment?

Also, Airbnb announced that COVID-19 cancellations/number of stays would not impact this superhost assessment. It will be based on your star ratings and response rate, so how many stays you hosted should not be an issue. If someone at Airbnb told you that, they are wrong, but as the assessment is done automatically by computer, it doesn't sound like human error but some technical glitch. I would contact Airbnb and tell them to reinstate your status.

However, if you don't have the required 4.8 rating or 90% response rate, that might be the real reason.

I received the mail today and it was based on the amount of receivings. 

Nanxing0
Level 10
Haverford, PA

Just ignore it. It might be a automatic system generated email that upon the next review it will be overrided. If you indeed lost the superhost after the pandemic try to contact the customer service by sending them a message in the help center, if the phone call center cannot be reached. But my understanding is that they are not pausing any stripping of the superhost status but the system might still generate such email that make people confused.

Catherine2252
Level 8
Toulon, France

@Anneke9 @Nanxing0 @Huma0 

So many hosts Airbnb all over the world are angry and disgusted by Airbnb attitude!

Please sign the petition:  20 700 signatures

https://www.change.org/p/airbnb-airbnb-breach-of-contract-class-action-lawsuit-violate-cancellation-...

@Catherine2252 While I agree with you that Airbnb has done something bad in this case but I can't agree with the intention to sign such petition for class action. If you learned something about those class actions you should know that those class actions are lose-lose situation to both plaintiff and defendant. The only party that wins is those pettyfogger lawyers/attorneys. At the end of the class action majority of the settlement goes to the lawyers/attorneys and we will get almost nothing. And if Airbnb can't survive it we will all suffer. Please remember it's the establishment of those platforms like Airbnb, VRBO, Homeaway that make hosts like us able to make more money. They are not perfect at this time as it's still a new market, and we can try our best to help them improve. However we don't beat them down just because they had done something wrong. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Anneke9 Airbnb already put out a statement saying that they weren't counting number of stays on this assessment, nor cancellations. What you got was probably just the same auto-generated message that is always sent out that their techies just didn't bother to put a stop on for this assessment. You still have the Superhost badge on your profile, so at this point, I'd ignore that email and assume you haven't lost the status. If it turns out later that you have, I'm sure they'll reverse it for you, as per their announcement.